Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New PB @ Virginia International Raceway! 2:10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats - Nice driving! Based on recent NASA Time Trial results, a 2:10 looks to be right in the mix for TT3, which is where I believe the Performance 3 would slot, depending on mods.

Attachments

• Saturday March 23 Time Trial Final Results (All Classes).pdf
    63.6 KB · Views: 38
Were you there in May for NASAs hyperfest? I was racing that weekend and saw a Black model 3 being driven well, and fast, in a DE session. Told my racing friends that they were witnessing the future of motorsports.

Wow that's a high speed track, the esses were particularly fast. That sharp turn before the back straight (1:12 in lap time) seemed pretty fun too :p

Btw, shared this on /r/teslaspeed over on Reddit. It's a small performance oriented Tesla community and non-CA track videos are semi rare haha

Last edited:
Were you there in May for NASAs hyperfest? I was racing that weekend and saw a Black model 3 being driven well, and fast, in a DE session. Told my racing friends that they were witnessing the future of motorsports.

Yes, that was me at HyperFest. That event was super crowded, but still a good time!

Congrats - Nice driving! Based on recent NASA Time Trial results, a 2:10 looks to be right in the mix for TT3, which is where I believe the Performance 3 would slot, depending on mods.

Hopefully they open up the rulebook to EV's next year. I do think there is definitely a few seconds left on the table. Either way, I agree it would be competitive in TT3.

Wow that's a high speed track, the esses were particularly fast. That sharp turn before the back straight (1:12 in lap time) seemed pretty fun too :p

Btw, shared this on /r/teslaspeed over on Reddit. It's a small performance oriented Tesla community and non-CA track videos are semi rare haha

The esses are great fun but I'm still not quite sure how fast I can take the right hander up the hill. I know there's some more left. My top speed in the esses through the weekend was 129, so that wasn't my best line in the video.

It is somewhat comical, one of the questions I get asked a lot is, are there other people doing this (tracking a Tesla). My answer is always, outside of California, not really lol!

VIR is such a high speed track that's not really favorable for Tesla. Nice driving none the less!

How do you like the Federal 595RS-PRO? How do they compare to the Nexen in term of grip, ease of pushing limit, wear and ability to withstand heat?