Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Performance Model Y delivered with a hole in the side panel. Anyone else have issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

Did anyone else get any major issues on delivery? I posted this video on YouTube but there is a hole on the drivers side rear passenger seat on the leather part of the panel. There were definitely panel gap issues too and they did not have a Tesla bag with a mobile charger for him. The car was also just plain dirty and was not cleaned for delivery. Also, sadly there is no home link garage door opener. I'm still waiting on my RWD Model Y but this is pretty ridiculous. Almost happy I'm waiting it out for a bit to see if the RWD will come out.

It's not that unusual for issues like this to happen at the end of a quarter. Tesla is just trying to deliver as many cars as they can and rush past quality checks that should have taken place. The good thing is that he pointed it out to Tesla and they will (eventually) fix it. Tell him it might take a while as spare parts are going to be very limited if not non-existent at this point in the ramp up. Not to mention the factory closure due to the Corona Virus. I had a bad taste with the delivery of my Model 3 but that was quickly forgotten as I got to enjoy driving it. Soon I expect he also will have (and from the sounds of it may already have) got over it.

It is a bummer to spend that kind of money and have poor QC. But in general I find Tesla owners and fans to be unbelievably loyal to the point of accepting delivery issues that they would never accept in a car from GM or Ford. Somewhere in there is a case study of human behavior!

Reactions: firerock
don't have time for a 9 minute video. sorry, I'm not part of the video generation.

if you have a text explanation and still photos ...

(aint no one got time for long videos, sorry)
If you have time to produce and edit a video on YouTube you have time to reach out to the other party and resolve the issues.
Yeah, I just don't understand the need or desire to post a YouTube video about everything and anything one does. I guess some people are able to monetize their videos, so there's benefit to posting as many as possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.