TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New PG&E Energy Usage Detail on their customer portal is worse

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by Ulmo, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

#1 Ulmo, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    The new PG&E Energy Usage Detail on their customer portal is worse.

The old one had per-hour energy cost per tier, and the new one doesn't.
    The old one had per-hour energy use bar graph that included negative usage below the 0, and the new one hides it in a flat "0" with a popup, so there is no visual representation of energy sold to the utility (which stinks of coverup and trying to scam solar panel owners out of money due to billing errors and understanding the financing).
    The old one allowed you to select which graph to look at with most functioning well, and within them, allowed you to chose dates somewhat easily, and the new one gives lots of error messages with very few working combinations, and you have to step through days one at a time, with no obvious way to start at a certain date, getting stuck at a random one to start with -- although see below since I figure out how to go from Month to Day.
    The old one worked at a medium speed, and the new one is very slow.

Now, after playing with it some more, I have come up with some lessons learned:

If you get to "Bill View" (one month), you can get to "Day View" by clicking on a certain date.

Images attached of new system (for day view, I selected a high solar output day of Feb 24, 2017):
    Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 5.23.58 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 5.25.11 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 5.25.55 PM.png

2. miimura

miimura Active Member

In my case, my Opower data is now hourly instead of 15 minute intervals as it was previously. The worst part is that all my electric data prior to December 16, 2016 has all disappeared. My gas data is available since I started service on this account in 2012.