Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Plaid keeps locking us out with key / phone inside

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, We just took delivery of a 2022 S Plaid and we have a 2017 S and a 2020 X. This new S keeps locking us out! The car came with 2 keys and 2 card fobs. We normally use the electronic key and typically leave it in the car when we are home in our locked garage (that is also in a gated house).

Not sure why but we often come back to the car to find ourselves locked out with key inside. Today it locked us out with the key and my phone inside the car (bluetooth was off on phone though). We have the setting turned on to not auto lock at home.

We have to get a different key to unlock the car each time. Software has been updated and still happens. Any suggestions?

Sometimes software updates have caused this issue for me, where the car locks when it is not supposed to. I find that I unlock it from the app, and then go in and toggle the "don't lock at home" in the car settings and save profile, it resets everything correctly. Obviously a software problem, but when they fix it no one can say. Try this workaraound. As you do already, always have a key (or card in your case) ready in case you get locked out.