Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally pulled the trigger today. Ordered a new Plaid and the salesman said since I was trading in a P100D with unlimited supercharging, I would get 6 years of free unlimited supercharging and $5K added to the trade in offer. Then he called me back JUST after having placed the order online saying something about he's "not sure" about the $5k extra? Anyone know if that offer has been rescinded? Also, delivery says May 2023. Is that right? Are they building special order Plaids THAT quick?

I finally pulled the trigger today. Ordered a new Plaid and the salesman said since I was trading in a P100D with unlimited supercharging, I would get 6 years of free unlimited supercharging and $5K added to the trade in offer. Then he called me back JUST after having placed the order online saying something about he's "not sure" about the $5k extra? Anyone know if that offer has been rescinded? Also, delivery says May 2023. Is that right? Are they building special order Plaids THAT quick?

Businesses need to hold their sales people accountable for making false sales claims.

Nothing is firm until it is in writing. Have the person email or text you the basic deal, and then respond. I am sure they will remove the unlimited free supercharging from your trade in. They really want to get these back thru Tesla, so are now offering deals to get them back to terminate the free supercharging. Good luck.

I believe the extra 3 years of supercharging replaced the $5k trade bonus and the two incentives were never active at the same time.

As for “special orders” Tesla hasn’t truly done special orders in years. The options are so streamlined now everything is built in batches. You order and get matched with a VIN that in the current demand environment probably already exists. So yes, expect your car quickly.

Reactions: aerodyne
I believe the extra 3 years of supercharging replaced the $5k trade bonus and the two incentives were never active at the same time.

As for “special orders” Tesla hasn’t truly done special orders in years. The options are so streamlined now everything is built in batches. You order and get matched with a VIN that in the current demand environment probably already exists. So yes, expect your car quickly.
I ordered an S LR on March 17. The estimated delivery date was March, until the last day of March when it changed to April/May. I actually took delivery on May 1. Don’t know if the Plaids are different, but don’t put too much stock in the estimated delivery date at this point in the process.

You're probably right on the $5k. I should have jumped earlier because $5k is much more valuable than the extra 4 years of supercharging UNLESS, you either depend on SC for charging your car on a regular basis or you take a lot of long distance trips, neither of which I do. But it is what it is. At least I got one of my wishes concerning the plaid. I was waiting to buy because I wanted the regular steering wheel and the 4680 batteries. Won't probably see 4680 batteries until sometime after 2024 though.

I ordered an S LR on March 17. The estimated delivery date was March, until the last day of March when it changed to April/May. I actually took delivery on May 1. Don’t know if the Plaids are different, but don’t put too much stock in the estimated delivery date at this point in the process.
Not to worry. It's not like I need this car ASAP or anything. I fully expect it will probably not be delivered until June or July. I ordered it with 19" wheels because I wanted the extra range and I've been happy with the 19"ers on my P100D all these years. I suspect that 95% or more of the plaids ordered are 21"ers. You can't currently get the big brake upgrade with the 19"ers so I won't be able to unlock the speed to get to 200mph or more, but I don't see that as an impediment as there's nowhere you can actually go that fast around here in the armpit of the mid-west.

Reactions: aerodyne
You can't currently get the big brake upgrade with the 19"ers so I won't be able to unlock the speed to get to 200mph or more, but I don't see that as an impediment as there's nowhere you can actually go that fast around here in the armpit of the mid-west.
Having worked in Indy, I get where you are coming from, however the Plaid can break 150 easily in the 1/4 mile. It is still pulling well at that speed. You might be shocked how fast you can go in a relatively short period of time. Then you have to deal with the ability to haul it down from the high speeds if in a somewhat confined area.

I have a very quick and fast motorcycle that will easily beat my Plaid on the street at any speed other than initial launch to about 30 mph (hard to launch it consistently quickly on the street). It stops as good as it goes, but I can hit 200 pretty quickly but then I am covering ground in a real hurry.

Reactions: Propofoln