TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New planned superchargers?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Zoltrix77, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Zoltrix77

Zoltrix77 Member

All,

Just looking at the Tesla Supercharger plan for 2015 on their site.

It looks like there is a supercharger in Canberra and on the NSW south coast. I don't remember these being on the the plan before. Anyone else remember?

Adam.

2. Mark E

Mark E Member

Yep, always been there.

3. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

And the Hunter too. We have not heard of any progress at all on those three.

4. Ramjet73

Ramjet73 Member

I can understand their prioritising the Sydney - Canberra - Melbourne link, The Hunter SC would be the first on the long road to us in Brisbane.

My guess is it's going to be more for long haul travel rather than servicing that region so would be a lower priority until more southern chargers are in place.

5. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

The Hunter is quite well serviced by destination chargers right now. My guess is they will charge the Pacific highway to service the route to Queensland.

6. Kayto

Kayto Member

I heard that in the future there'll be one on the south coast of NSW, one near the NSW ski fields and one at another location near Sydney. I'm guessing north of Sydney.
    I think Canberra's a bit of a way off yet (not 2015). Sorry Canberra, but you would have superchargers to the north (Goulburn is open), east and south when you travel.
    By the way, the ACT is awesome because you buy electricity from renewable sources!
    Let's see what happens in the next few months as the Syd-Mel route opens.

7. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

I don't think 'prioritising' one area over another is an option. Tesla committed to Hunter, South Coast and Canberra by the end of this year. I don't think it's really an option to just decide to do it later or not at all.

- - - Updated - - -

A destination charger is not a substitute for a supercharger if you are transiting through.

8. Mark E

Mark E Member

Depends what you call the Hunter - if you mean near Newcastle then that's already on the map for 2016. If you mean Pokolbin then I wouldn't hold my breath. The Newcastle SC and destination chargers are good for wine country as well as the Syd-Brisbane route.

9. lennier

lennier Member

Well 'committed' is probably not really accurate in terms of any of the superchargers. Their rollout map has always had disclaimers on it from day one saying both the location and timing of superchargers was subject to change and only indicative of their intentions.

10. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

I'd like to see superchargers to Adelaide on the 'roadmap' and also one 2 servicing the Victorian ski fields (Mansfield & Bright).

11. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

#11 LGGD, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    Near Newcastle is on the map for a Supercharger for 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, under the Australian Consumer Law their obligation to keep to their marketing commitments is not able to be fully mitigated by such a disclaimer. But, I'm sure they will hit their targets - plenty of time yet.

12. Mark E

Mark E Member

Oops - that's exact my point. I'd actually like to see the Newcastle one before any more headed south, as I'm more likely to drive to Coffs than Canberra!

13. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

Absolutley agree. One in that area makes it an easy trip to Coffs Harbour.