Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Polar 150kW chargers, MK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just opened/publicised today, at their new Milton Keynes HQ.

2 x 150kW CCS with 50kW CHADeMO
4 x 50kW CCS/CHAdeMO
9 x Type2

CF303E4B-0BF5-452F-9DC9-28DE1979278E.jpeg

2CF6389E-BCAF-45AE-9D90-B4F24BD9F8FB.jpeg

040877D5-F045-4C2C-9AD1-B415E5E22F46.jpeg

CC6411EE-8E31-41BD-80C2-5BF91CF08892.jpeg

CEEF853A-7537-4384-A2A5-83F7FFC61472.jpeg

The ten-point light bar at the top is a gauge too.

10 x blue when it’s not in use, then green when in use with each light representing 10% of the car’s charge level

So you can see from a distance how full the car is and estimate when the charger will be available

307B4AA5-D925-4F52-A088-F8B59F0FABCB.jpeg

Last edited:
Is that really a 150kW charger? if so, a bit slow at 35kW on 46% charge. A supercharger would still be at neatly twice that at that point.

Is the time charge time to estimated time to completion?

I like the look of the (150kW) charger. Raises awareness as to what it is and functional by sounds of it. The smaller chargers are very similar to fuel pumps which is good for mass deployment. Both clearly show some thought which is more than can be said for some others.

The 150’s are designed that way to replicate the hose of a traditional fuel pump. When parked next to you should be salute to reach all areas of the car depending on whether you parked forwards or Backwards etc.

new EV user adoption via familiarity was key in its design.

Is that really a 150kW charger? if so, a bit slow at 35kW on 46% charge. A supercharger would still be at neatly twice that at that point.

Is the time charge time to estimated time to completion?

I like the look of the (150kW) charger. Raises awareness as to what it is and functional by sounds of it. The smaller chargers are very similar to fuel pumps which is good for mass deployment. Both clearly show some thought which is more than can be said for some others.
I agree with you it does seem slow at that state of charge but I have found similar with the 150kW BP charger at Heathrow, also the IONITY at Milton Keynes goes like a bat out of hell initially but after a minute or 2 it's slower than a V2 Supercharger, I've never been to Park Royal to try a V3 :(

The time on the display is how long you've been there rather than time-to-go. Which makes sense with the 90 minute max stay.

I'll reserve judgement re the kW rate until others have tried it out :) I suggest plugging in the Newport Pagnell supercharger as a destination so the car preconditions, see what you get.

For ref. I arrived at 13% SoC after about an hour's drive, with no preconditioning. Battery was warm (i.e. no reduced regen bars)

The time on the display is how long you've been there rather than time-to-go. Which makes sense with the 90 minute max stay.

I'll reserve judgement re the kW rate until others have tried it out :) I suggest plugging in the Newport Pagnell supercharger as a destination so the car preconditions, see what you get.

For ref. I arrived at 13% SoC after about an hour's drive, with no preconditioning. Battery was warm (i.e. no reduced regen bars)
Did Elon not confirm battery pre conditioning on public chargers was coming soon or did I imagine that?!

1) Chargemaster

2) BP

3) Polar

I do wonder why three brand names are required on these EV chargers, I’m confused at which brand means what, and I’m informed on these things, it must do nothing but confuse people?!
Even they've realised it as they're scrapping the polar network Twitter account and only using the BP Chargemaster one soon!

I assume it's a relic of partnerships with particular brands/manufacturers

• Informative
Reactions: JupiterMan