Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
With the forum update, New Posts is gone.

So I tried out What's New and it doesn't fit the bill.

What New Posts provided me 2 hours ago was the ability to easily see the newest posts and click the red dot to go to the unread.

The red dot is not present in the What's New view. So basically I'm stuck going to individual subforums to get the red dots back.

So the clarify, to see unread posts in "What's New" you simply click on the "Unread Posts" tab, as I explained in another thread. However, given that the red dot is not showing up in the Unread Posts page at the moment, I have added the "New Posts" link back to the navbar for the time being until we fix remaining issues. However, we will eventually get rid as it is redundant so please don't get too used to it :p

So the clarify, to see unread posts in "What's New" you simply click on the "Unread Posts" tab, as I explained in another thread. However, given that the red dot is not showing up in the Unread Posts page at the moment, I have added the "New Posts" link back to the navbar for the time being until we fix remaining issues. However, we will eventually get rid as it is redundant so please don't get too used to it :p
Too late. I'm 5 years used to it.

That said, I'm open to being convinced but it is the most used feature of the forum by me by far. Click new posts, ctrl-click a dozen or so red dots, read the opened tabs, repeat.

Yes I understand, as such we will try to make it function identically such that the only real change for you will be the title of the link.
The way it will behave is that when you click on What's New, it will default to the "Unread Post" filter, which will look and work identically to the "New Posts" page.

I think if you hover over "WHAT'S NEW" it's there. But it doesn't seem to be working as I expect.

My bookmark for TMC takes me straight to Watched Threads, and it still works (for now). Here it is:

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/watched/threads
That's exactly what I use on the desktop, but for mobile it's not easy.

I found it in the hamburger icon menu under the "Forums" area, but that menu automatically defaults back to "Whats New" so I now have to open the hamburger click "Foruns" and then "Watched Threads" every time.[/QUOTE]

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Too late. I'm 5 years used to it.

That said, I'm open to being convinced but it is the most used feature of the forum by me by far. Click new posts, ctrl-click a dozen or so red dots, read the opened tabs, repeat.
You don't actually have to click on red dots. A long time ago I made the change that you could just click on the avatar image to the left of where you expected those red dots. So try that.

Why are all the titles gray in What's New? It gives the impression I've read everything. Compare with titles in a section you've read some of the posts in -- where fully read threads have gray titles, and partially/fully unread threads have black titles.

Related to that, the links from "unread posts" and "recent posts (watched forums)" still point to the last post in each thread instead of the first unread post like I'd prefer. I reported this and posted a workaround at Any Way to Load New Posts for Watched Forums Only? — but the workaround is a little technical, and it doesn't really help on phones or tablets.

• Informative
Reactions: brianman
You don't actually have to click on red dots. A long time ago I made the change that you could just click on the avatar image to the left of where you expected those red dots. So try that.
For some threads this doesn't work because there are circles with my avatar on it. When tapping those boxes it tells me my stats rather than navigating to the thread.

One can also click on the title of the thread...that also jumps to first unread post (sometimes). Sometimes it jumps to the first post if the thread is very old, but in that case clicking on "first unread" still works.