Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Powerwall 2 capacity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. New to the solar/Powerwall space. We had a Powerwall 2 installed about two days ago. I’m trying to better understand the specs from the app. Specifically, at the bottom it says I have 11.5kWh from solar (our utility doesn’t allow grid charging). Why isn’t the capacity 13.5? I thought that was the usable energy on this?

Is there something wrong with the battery?

IMG_3733.jpeg

Ahhh. So this is the additional energy added today.

Is there a way to check the battery health itself? Confirm no dead cells etc?

No dead cells? No idea on that. You can query the API to get pack energy (or since this is a good time for solar, you can simply charge your EV / drain your powerwall to 0 and let your solar fill it back up and see how much energy that is).

Most powerwall discussion is going to be in the Tesla energy subforum, so I would suggest searching through there.

No dead cells? No idea on that. You can query the API to get pack energy (or since this is a good time for solar, you can simply charge your EV / drain your powerwall to 0 and let your solar fill it back up and see how much energy that is).

Most powerwall discussion is going to be in the Tesla energy subforum, so I would suggest searching through there.
Thank you.