Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Powerwall Monitor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for the heads-up on this potentially very useful display.

I'm using a RPi 3B+, running Linux 9, (stretch).

I followed the installion guide in readme.md.

I had problems from "docker exec -it influxdb influx" and had to pull docker from https://get.docker.com/

pi@GDU-ESP-6912:~/Powerwall_Monitor $ docker exec -it influxdb influx
Got permission denied while trying to connect to the Docker daemon socket at unix:///var/run/docker.sock: Get http:///var/run/docker.sock/v1.40/containers/influxdb/json: dial unix /var/run/docker.sock: connect: permission denied

pi@GDU-ESP-6912:~/Powerwall_Monitor $ sudo docker-compose up
ERROR: Version in "./docker-compose.yml" is unsupported. You might be seeing this error because you're using the wrong Compose file version. Either specify a version of "2" (or "2.0") and place your service definitions under the `services` key, or omit the `version` key and place your service definitions at the root of the file to use version 1.
For more on the Compose file format versions, see Compose file version 3 reference

I copied powerwall.yml to the default docker-compose.yml and ran again....

pi@GDU-ESP-6912:~/Powerwall_Monitor $ sudo docker-compose up
ERROR: The Compose file './docker-compose.yml' is invalid because:
services.influxdb.volumes contains an invalid type, it should be a string
services.telegraf.volumes contains an invalid type, it should be a string
services.grafana.volumes contains an invalid type, it should be a string
services.influxdb.volumes contains an invalid type, it should be a string
services.influxdb.ports is invalid: Invalid port "{'target': 8086, 'mode': 'host', 'published': 8086}", should be [[remote_ip:]remote_port[-remote_port]:]port[/protocol]
services.influxdb.ports contains an invalid type, it should be a string, or a number
services.grafana.ports is invalid: Invalid port "{'target': 9000, 'mode': 'host', 'published': 9000}", should be [[remote_ip:]remote_port[-remote_port]:]port[/protocol]
services.grafana.ports contains an invalid type, it should be a string, or a number

I've checked on the git supository and the source was updated on the 16th. Dec 2019, so it should be current.

I can't get the database running so I'm stalled.
Has anyone else tried this?