Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New PowerWalls not showing on phone app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
We had Tesla install a couple of powerwalls yesterday and they are still not showing on our apps. Is there something else we need to do or install on our phones to get them to show? Does this take a few days?

The installers were able to see the PWs and gateway from their internal app. They said the gateway is connected 3 ways: Ethernet, Wifi, and Cellular.

We had Tesla install a couple of powerwalls yesterday and they are still not showing on our apps. Is there something else we need to do or install on our phones to get them to show? Does this take a few days?

The installers were able to see the PWs and gateway from their internal app. They said the gateway is connected 3 ways: Ethernet, Wifi, and Cellular.

The only thing I can think of trying is to kill the Tesla app and restart it, or maybe logout and log back in. I remember mine showed up in the app before the installers left but I don't remember what steps (if any) I had to do.

The only difficulty I remember was that I didn't get push notification for grid outages, which I noticed when I was trying some off-grid tests. I called tech support and their second-tier support fixed something for me and it all worked after that.

Bruce.

PW installed today. Same issue. Tech support said it should be fixed 24-48 hrs.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 9.26.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 9.26.32 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 174
tech support has most likely lied to you - I was told the same thing 2 weeks ago - yestereday after sitting on hold - my tech support admitted they have no ETA for resolving this issue.

Did you log out and log back in on the app? That is the net of what my wife had to do. Her concern was loss of data because of the warning message you get logging out. Turns out she lost nothing and got the PowerWall to show up.

I've logged in and out several times - no change in status - I know my powerwalls are working because I'm directly connected to them via my web browser, and they are "connected to Tesla" and all their networking is working - so this is totally on Tesla's end - as confirmed by my multiple tech support phone calls.

I've logged in and out several times - no change in status - I know my powerwalls are working because I'm directly connected to them via my web browser, and they are "connected to Tesla" and all their networking is working - so this is totally on Tesla's end - as confirmed by my multiple tech support phone calls.
The problem my neighbor has is more serious. The PWs cannot be accessed via the web browser either and even Tesla says they cannot get them to behave remotely. They claim its some big SW "bug" but who knows.

Yes, it's the same app for all Tesla products (e.g. cars) but it also shows PW once they are installed and registered.
I don't have a Tesla car and no app. Where do I download from, app store? And a microsoft laptop?

I see a Tesla logo at app store, Tesla Tesla inc. that also has the battery as well besides the cars. I guess this must be it?

Downloaded iPhone app. :)
Could I sign in with present account sign in info? Or need to wait after the PW registered?

Now need the app on a microsoft laptop.

Last edited:
Tesla called me this morning - my previously invisible Powerwall system is now correctly showing up in the Tesla app - phone rep says they've fixed the registration problem and that registrations should be back to normal for 24-48 hours after initial contact that you system shows up in the app if it's properly configured.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah and aesculus