TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New "Premium" Multi-Pattern Cloth Seats

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Peteybabes, Mar 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

I'm wondering if these seats can be purchased on there own? They look to be pretty awesome looking seats and many times better than the old option.

I'm asking because there are several well-optioned cars with the cloth options that i would consider if i could change the seats.

Any ideas?

2. davinci2017

davinci2017 Member

TBH you really need to try both out to see if you prefer the new ones over the old. There have been posts stating they prefer the older MPB seats over the newer ones and vice versa and it seems to be personal preference.

3. Peteybabes

Sure, that makes since.

however, if I were to decide that i would prefer the newer design do you think Tesla would switch out or sell new ones to me?

4. daktari

daktari Member

A week with the new premium multipattern seats now. Look is very nice, very sporty. Cushion is soft and comfortable. Very nice side support, could call this a sport seat. Side support is really firm. This is nothing like the old 2016 multipattern which to me had no side support and was like a wooden bench to sit in.
    The seat is kind of narrow though, a snug fit! I am 180 cm high and weigh 78 kg, use jeans with 31" waist. Maybe for bigger drivers the old one is a better choice.

5. P85DBeast

P85DBeast Side tEsLa

They probably wont just randomly have the seats laying around in the SC. You probably would have to wait until like a recall or something.

6. Peteybabes

good to know, i'm a giant. :) i weigh almost 100kg more than you. lol 42" waist etc.

however, i have sat int eh premium seats and enjoy them so much more than the old base flat seats...

i'm looking at an inventory 90D that literally has every single option except that it has the old autopilot and old multi pattern seats...

7. daktari

daktari Member

You probably all now how they look, but here is a few (poor) pics anyway of the premium seats in the S.

Is the cushion on the rear wheel arch bigger than the classic seats? It was kind of hard getting access to the seat belt lock with a booster in there.

DSC_1195.JPG DSC_1197.JPG DSC_1199.JPG DSC_1198.JPG DSC_1197.JPG

Attached Files:

8. calisnow

calisnow Active Member

Wait for what you want. Tesla sticks 10-30 new cars in inventory each week, and the combination you want is bound to show up sooner or later.

9. davinci2017

davinci2017 Member

When I asked if there was an option to swap it out (since I got the older seats in my New inventory car) I was told No, they do not do that. However YMMV.

10. Peteybabes

you're right, but a loaded 90D for $1243/mon lease... :)

that being said, i dont actually need a 90D except for the occasional run to family in chicago or knoxville may remove a stop.