Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New premium seats in multi-pattern black (fabric)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P cars with new premium seats (X-Style) come standard in multi-pattern.
I don't follow what you are describing.

My understanding is that the "Multi-Pattern" seats are the standard "textile" seats (not leather, not ventilated) and are the base seats (not an option) on every version of the Model S.

Then there are the "Next Generation" leather seats, which are a $2,500 option, and not ventilated.

Then on the P90D and P100D there are the optional $2,500 "Premium" seats which are ventilated. What material are they made of? A synthetic faux leather? They are not made of the same material as the base "Multi-Pattern" seats as far as I know.

Reactions: DIL
I'm referencing the online configurator images.

To see what I'm talking about, configure a performance car (P90D or P100D) without PUP and select the "Multi Pattern Black Seats" (not the "Tesla Premium Seats"). Looks to me like you end up with the new seat "architecture" - thinner, better bolstering, movable headrests - but without ventilation.

These do not appear to be the base seats. Look closely. I think they are the Tesla Premium Seats without ventilation. The materials look to be a mix of fabric (textile) and leather-type material that to my eye would be more than acceptable and without spending $5500 ($3000 for PUP+$2500 for seat upgrade). This would make sense if they are standardizing seats across models.

See what I mean? Is this just a bug in the configurator?

Has anyone actually seen these seats in the wild?
upload_2016-10-23_13-3-14.png

How are they for comfort on long trips? And how hot do they get?

Good questions! They are the most comfortable seats I've used they are very firm and supportive, they are the first seats that cause me no back fatigue on long trips. As far as heat, they are definitely better than any faux leather seats I have used, but I have not compared them leather seats.

Reactions: DIL