Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Price Model 3 SR+ $37,990 USD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated my Tesla Model 3 base price history graph accordingly.

Tesla Model 3 Base Price History (1).png

Original data, references, and notes can be found at Google Sheets.

I updated my Tesla Model 3 base price history graph accordingly.

View attachment 545162

Original data, references, and notes can be found at Google Sheets.
Nice- I made one of these to track the price myself as well. It would be good to add markers for when AP was included and a tax incentive dimension as well (for those who like to complain that they paid more in the past ;)

This will trigger the usual round of butthurt from people upset they paid more, but I think this is fantastic. I paid $40K my SR + last year and it's the best car I have ever owned. It was a great deal back then, and an even better one now.

I'm far more of a car nerd than I am an environmentalist, but this thing has turned me into a EV fan boy. People buy them for different reasons, but we can all agree that the more people switch to electric cars, the better it will be for all of us.

Little bummed that I bought my Model 3 right before the Stay at home order (placed the order 2 weeks before, pick it up like 2 days before it started). So I have I didn't get the benefit of the 2k decrease AND in 2.5 months have only put a few hundred miles on the car thanks to not having any where to go.

Though flip side: My trade in (2014 Taurus SHO) likely would have gotten less now than it would have 2.5 months ago. So it's probably about a wash for me.

Reactions: TomB985
Hello everybody! I just purchased my Model 3P on Monday, and today the price drop. Technically, I am within the 7 day return period. I would hate to do that. Does anyone know what’s been done in the past for people who bought just before the price drop? Refund of $2000? Tesla store credit?

I love the car, but am a little bummed about the $2000 price difference- that money could go towards window tinting, etc.

Thanks!

Hello everybody! I just purchased my Model 3P on Monday, and today the price drop. Technically, I am within the 7 day return period. I would hate to do that. Does anyone know what’s been done in the past for people who bought just before the price drop? Refund of $2000? Tesla store credit?

I love the car, but am a little bummed about the $2000 price difference- that money could go towards window tinting, etc.

Thanks!

Personally, I’d just let this go. The hassle of returning the car and then not being able to get the same configuration for a year is not worth it. Don’t let the price drop sour your mood. This is life for many of us, and in the long run doesn’t matter at all.

Thanks!
I would at least call Tesla to see if they would refund the $2k. You don't have to cancel the order if you don't want to, but you might get a $2k refund or maybe a price drop on FSD, if you didn't include that in your original order. Maybe they could apply the $2k to premium data? You never know unless you call.

Reactions: badiban and TomB985
Personally, I’d just let this go. The hassle of returning the car and then not being able to get the same configuration for a year is not worth it. Don’t let the price drop sour your mood. This is life for many of us, and in the long run doesn’t matter at all.

Well, I don’t feel that way. $2000 is not an insignificant amount of money. I bought my car from inventory, and I see on the website that there are 3 other cars with the same spec in my area, so I could probably replace within a day or two if I had to.

My preference would be a $2000 refund, but can understand that it may not be possible. A $2000 store credit may also be acceptable to me. I’m sure I could find a few things to make it worthwhile.

I really hope that Tesla can do something for us. I’m sure I’m not the only one that has purchased a new model 3 in the last few days.

Reactions: TomB985