Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Price Model 3 SR+ $37,990 USD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it makes me cry. My LR RWD was $55,700 lol. I did get the $7500 tax credit but still. Geez!!!

As a first-half 2019 SR+ buyer, I feel lucky as I'm one of the few that is still "in the money" with my purchase... paid $34,850 in May 2019 compared to $36,690 if I were to purchase today (net of federal/state tax incentives + destination).

As a first-half 2019 SR+ buyer, I feel lucky as I'm one of the few that is still "in the money" with my purchase... paid $34,850 in May 2019 compared to $36,690 if I were to purchase today (net of federal/state tax incentives + destination).

To be honest I feel fine, too. I bought my 3P+ in April, 2019. Was $61,250 including FSD and in black paint, after $3750 tax credit. And it came with HomeLink, charging adapter, and the other small things that are now omitted from the Model 3. So really not bad at all compared to today’s prices. I’m still in the money, too.

Then again, even if I weren’t ahead, I wouldn’t care. Wouldn’t trade a year of having this car for anything.

I think it's the current first half of this year's buyers until now, myself included, are the ones that seems to be affected the most. They don't get the tax incentives, and got the price increase right before the beginning of the year.

My experience: I ordered a SRP+ on May 11th. The car still hasn't been produced, and I still haven't paid for it.

I called once, the girl on the phone told me I wouldn't get the updated price because I agreed on one price when I ordered. I said it's stupid because I still haven't paid for it, she told me to cancel and make the order again.

Then I go on my account, and notice the "edit your car design". I do it, select the exact same configuration, and the updated price shows up. I call again to make sure, this time a guy responds, tells me I can't get the discount. I tell him on the website it shows up, he says it's weird and tell me to wait. It hang up.

I call again, another woman. I explain everything, she says no problem and that the price will be updated within 24 to 48h. I still decide to update the design manually on my account, and it worked.

Don't hesitate to force and ask again and again. I would have paid $2K more if I had stopped at the first lady.

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White
Man, this makes SR+ an absolute no brainer over SR.
Autopilot
Better Range
Better Sound
Faster Acceleration

All for a price difference of 3k. Now, most of us can argue whether FSD is worth 7k/8k or whatever amount you feel. BUT, I doubt we'll see many people argue the value of SR+ over SR.

And for people that live in my state of NJ. 5k state rebate AND no sales tax. A higher end trim Camry or Accord will cost more. Please find me someone that believes Camry or Accord is on the same dimension as Model 3..

Wow... $5,000 State Rebate and no Sales Taxes. My Sales Tax in Ohio for my new LR Model Y was $4,740 that is almost a $10,000 difference!

I would at least call Tesla to see if they would refund the $2k. You don't have to cancel the order if you don't want to, but you might get a $2k refund or maybe a price drop on FSD, if you didn't include that in your original order. Maybe they could apply the $2k to premium data? You never know unless you call.
@TX_M3P+ I would ask for the $2k for use at their charging station. I have a midrange 2018 and don't usually spend more than $10 to fill the batteries which gets me up to about 245 or 250 miles (it used to be 260+). If I do my math right, thats 200 charges! Or, work in the deal for one of the $500 chargers for home. I'm able to charge at around 30 mph for a lot less than I pay at one of the charging stations.

@TX_M3P+ I would ask for the $2k for use at their charging station. I have a midrange 2018 and don't usually spend more than $10 to fill the batteries which gets me up to about 245 or 250 miles (it used to be 260+). If I do my math right, thats 200 charges! Or, work in the deal for one of the $500 chargers for home. I'm able to charge at around 30 mph for a lot less than I pay at one of the charging stations.
Yeah, but you could also use the $2k to have a home charger installed for $1k and be able to charge whenever you want and only pay off-peak charging rates! ;) Plus you'd still have another $1k left over to spend on other accessories!

Reactions: Arctic_White