Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Product= P75D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard from former employee that was developed and is basically in drawer, back when he was with Tesla they didnt greenlight it (P70D back then) fearing it would canibalize P85D, now with P100DL, there is more distance.

He expects it to be priced around same as S90D but to have somewhere around 3,5 sec 0-60 time.

Its about only thing Tesla could use to increase short term demand, as AP 2.0 software isnt finished yet.
They may also start putting AP 2.0 hardware in cars though.

• Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36
If they are going to do it, they would want to slot it above a loaded Model 3. So P75D Model S is $80k-$90k and a PxxD Model 3 is $60k -$70k? I guess that might make some sense. The Model 3 will have a Performance w/ Ludicrous version, which almost certainly will have a smaller battery than 100kWh. So if they are going to put that drive train in a 3 why not an S. If it happens I think we would have confirmation that the highest Model 3 will also be P75D.

X60 is gone and I expect S60 to be gone by the time M3 comes out to make room down below. Especially with the 75-battery being used in today's MS 60.

Something like:
360, 375, X+S 75 variations, and X+S 100 variations

Reactions: DIL
I just want Tesla to bring back the + suspension as an option for any P-D car.
(j/k)

^^This.

It's quite disappointing that "P" only gives better straight-line performance. This is basically a muscle car. Instead, P should be a refined sport-tuned options package that includes:
- modified suspension calibrated for performance or better still, adaptive variable suspension using magnetorheological dampers (like the new NSX)
- RWD (non-D) as an option
- "added lightness" as they say at Aston Martin, like increased use of composite materials to push CG even further down, lightweight sport bucket seats and lightweight forged wheels to reduce unsprung mass
- additional s/w settings tailored for different performance drive modes
- torque vectoring aka yaw control from side to side, not just front to back
- improved high capacity cooling system for track days**

**I know, I know. It's just a wish list folks!

Reactions: HankLloydRight
- improved high capacity cooling system for track days**

The occasional complaint that often comes up is that the electric refrigerant compressor is too loud, this could be a feature/option (for certain gear heads) on the P models as well. It might not fully replace the exhilaration from hearing the roar of a 500 big block, but refrigerant compressors can get pretty loud. J/S

I'm just disappointed that likely *any* Tesla I buy in the future won't have the + suspension that I love so dearly.

I might have to buy another M5 instead.
As far as my knowledge goes, you can still 'retrofit' that suspension type on your future Model S's.
To support the Classic (and few AP) models, they still have to keep those parts available for purchase, anyhow. And there'll be enough supply from salvage, as most damages seem to be on front parts.