Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW Production "Tesla Leasing" "Tesla Lending" "Other Financing" "Cash" in myTesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH TESLA FINANCE. DO NOT APPLY FOR LEASING OR FINANCING YET - UNTIL THE CONFIGURATOR IS RELEASED!!

This functionality was released prematurely. We aren't supposed to see it until after we configure, which auto-populates the "TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE" field.

If you apply now and hit [SUBMIT], all you will do is waste your time and get a hit (hard pull) on your credit history.

Clicked my Chrome link to my P83 my.teslamotors.com/mytesla/profile?rn=RN###### and this has now appeared:

New Tesla Leasing Lending options.JPG

This must mean the first group of reservation holders will be invited to configure any day now!!! :biggrin:

I predict Tuesday, Oct. 27th, since the Sigs were always invited on Tues and Thurs.

Would production reservationists please check your "myTesla" to see if you have this new functionality, too?

I'm curious if they've added it to all production reservation accounts or not.

NOTE: You have to turn off your Adblock Plus pop-up blocker to Apply online for Tesla Leasing or Lending.

Credit Application 1.JPG

The first part of the application also asks for DOB:

Leasing Application 1.JPG

There are 40 state choices available.

The application pre-fills a lot of personal info from your reservation.

This private part asks for:

Current Address (No PO Boxes): Time at address (years); Residence Type; Monthly Rent or Mortgage payment.

Credit Application 3.JPG

Preferred Mileage options: (10K, 12K, 15K miles -- for leasing)
Preferred Lending Term (36, 48, 60, 72 months -- for an outright loan)

OK... So how are we supposed to complete "Total Vehicle Price" without the Production Configurator?

I'm going to use my intelligent guess Production X Configuration Options and Pricing post, for now:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/55974-Production-X-Configuration-Options-and-Pricing-Thread

Last edited:
Got those buttons last night. Yay! Progress! I think.

Surprised no thread got started.

Seriously considering leasing as a tech upgrade hedge in case a larger battery and other "can't live without" options come about in the next 3 years or so. ;-)

Got those buttons last night. Yay! Progress! I think.

Surprised no thread got started.

Seriously considering leasing as a tech upgrade hedge in case a larger battery and other "can't live without" options come about in the next 3 years or so. ;-)

I'm 90% business leasing it (wife insists also as a hedge against tech obsolescence). Personally, I don't care about a future battery that might go 350-400 miles, since I figure I'd replace the EPA 250 one after the warranty runs out and there's too much range degradation. Stopping at superchargers, meeting and chatting with fellow owners sounds like fun, anyway, during the occasional long road trip.

10% not leasing will only be if the > 6,000 GVWR works a lot better for our business tax situation.

That said, I fully intend to pay-off my lease in 36 months since my VIN will be very low. I promised my wife to sell my classic 1983 380 SL roadster (original owner ~120 K miles) to make room for the X in our garage.

- - - Updated - - -

I have that as well (res # ~9500).

That's great! It looks like all production reservation holders have been invited to apply for Tesla Leasing or Financing if they plan to use it. I think it's a smart business decision for TSLA because most potential buyers won't bother to take the time to fill-out an application unless they really plan to acquire an X. TSLA can also report how many have applied during their Q CC's if they choose.

There's some other fun stuff in the code, if you pull it up with Inspect Element or Firebug.

Thanks, fengshui! For example, it's called:

<form id="five-minute-credit-form"

and here's the list of leasing states:

var leasing_states = {"AL":"Alabama","AK":"Alaska","AZ":"Arizona","AR":"Arkansas","CA":"California","CO":"Colorado","CT":"Connecticut","DC":"District of Columbia","FL":"Florida","GA":"Georgia","HI":"Hawaii","ID":"Idaho","IL":"Illinois","IN":"Indiana","KS":"Kansas","ME":"Maine","MD":"Maryland","MA":"Massachusetts","MN":"Minnesota","MO":"Missouri","MT":"Montana","NJ":"New Jersey","NV":"Nevada","NM":"New Mexico","NY":"New York","NC":"North Carolina","ND":"North Dakota","OH":"Ohio","OR":"Oregon","PA":"Pennsylvania","SC":"South Carolina","SD":"South Dakota","TN":"Tennessee","TX":"Texas","UT":"Utah","VT":"Vermont","VA":"Virginia","WA":"Washington","WV":"West Virginia","WI":"Wyoming"};
var lending_states = {"CA":"California","CO":"Colorado","FL":"Florida","GA":"Georgia","HI":"Hawaii","IL":"Illinois","MA":"Massachusetts","MN":"Minnesota","MO":"Missouri","NJ":"New Jersey","NV":"Nevada","NY":"New York","NC":"North Carolina","OH":"Ohio","OR":"Oregon","VA":"Virginia","WA":"Washington"};

Anyone able to actually complete the application? I gave it a shot (I'm undecided on how I'm paying, but figured I wasn't committing). However, the process timed out on me and gave an error screen.

Makes me wonder whether the functionality is fully built out yet.

Last edited:
Anyone able to actually complete the application? I gave it a shot (I'm undecided on how I'm paying, but figured I wasn't committing). However, the process timed out on me and gave an error screen.

Did you take longer than 5 minutes? See post above yours. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 90% business leasing it (wife insists also as a hedge against tech obsolescence). Personally, I don't care about a future battery that might go 350-400 miles, since I figure I'd replace the EPA 250 one after the warranty runs out and there's too much range degradation. Stopping at superchargers, meeting and chatting with fellow owners sounds like fun, anyway, during the occasional long road trip.
I'd be interested in a larger battery to add some buffer for having bikes or a small camping trailer on the tow hitch.

I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH TESLA FINANCE. DO NOT APPLY FOR LEASING OR FINANCING YET - UNTIL THE CONFIGURATOR IS RELEASED!!

This functionality was released prematurely. We weren't supposed to see it until after we configure, which auto-populates the "TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE" field.

Tesla Finance is trying to get the people in charge of the website to pull it down right now until the configurator is posted.

If you apply now and hit [SUBMIT], all you will do is waste your time and get a hit (hard pull) on your credit report, which might reduce your score a little bit.