Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Quarter -- New Incentives?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am new to the Forum and wanted to get some insight and suggestions.

I know I am going to order a Model 3.

I came close due to the end of the quarter incentives and a very, very helpful Sales Consultant who found precisely what
I wanted -- Black on Black, All Wheel, Long Range.

I was curious as to what to expect with the new quarter -- will free supercharging return? Any particular time that might be better to order?

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Tesla just announced that they had a record quarter for sales and deliveries.

Interesting that they announced that they had also received a record number of fresh orders. In this case they will not have an incentive to do any special promotions, as all production us currently being soaked up by those new orders.

Do not expect to see additional incentives until perhaps the EOY rush.

Tesla offered some buyers upgrades to incentivize them to take delivery from stock this month, rather than to wait and push those deliveries into next quarter. Some got color upgrades or wheel upgrades. Some even got some free Supercharging.

Tesla is doing great right now. Firing on all cylinders. When China comes on line things will spike up again.

I am new to the Forum and wanted to get some insight and suggestions.

I know I am going to order a Model 3.

I came close due to the end of the quarter incentives and a very, very helpful Sales Consultant who found precisely what
I wanted -- Black on Black, All Wheel, Long Range.

I was curious as to what to expect with the new quarter -- will free supercharging return? Any particular time that might be better to order?

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

How would any of us know what is coming next. You should have ordered last month.

• Disagree
Reactions: 03DSG and Daniel_6
I echo what everyone else says. End of quarter is the best time to take advantage of the incentives.

Just remember if/when you do buy one, the car you're buying is a computer with wheels. So like any other tech product, there's always going to be something better in the very near future. Whether better feature(s) or better price. The evolution is more rapid than your traditional car manufacturers who build cars, then try to integrate a computer. The good news is, for the most part, OTA software updates keeps your car fresh but only to the extent of your hardware in your car.

IMHO, understanding that notion makes Tesla ownership much better and enjoyable. Most of the problems/complaints I read about here or on the Interwebs stem from not having that mindset before diving in.

Good luck and hope you get another deal with the exact Tesla that you want.

:)

Reactions: Daniel_6 and Phlier
Yeah to the point above.
If you wait till January when the federal rebate disappears, I see Telsa reducing the car prices by $1500 to counter that.
And probably another price break on the 3 will come out when the Y is actually available for delivery.
People will be on the forum complaining that they bought their car just before the price break, etc...

The features for the most part you will get with the software updates.

I do not anticipate any meaningful incentives for Q4. The chance to capture the remaining $1,750 federal tax credit will be enough to drive sales.

Q1 of 2020 will likely see incentives return since those who wanted to secure the remaining tax credit will have pushed their orders through before the end of the year.

Reactions: rickdogg82
I would recommend March 2020 for deals. Q4 2018 people were screwed the most. There will be deals on leftover KF vins (2019 MY). Expect to pay sticker price on LF vin (2020 MY) bc that’s what people will want next year and reject 2019s.

There very likely will be end of quarter incentives just like previously even if there allegedly more orders than Tesla delivers part quarter. Likely some referrals, supercharging deals and maybe some “discounts” on current inventory. I doubt any huge incentives as sales are going well.

At this moment in time nobody knows.

The only data point that may clue in on their actions is how Q3 reporting goes for top and bottom line.

It’s an assumption that Tesla will drop another 1500 in Q1-20.

Don’t see the Y driving down prices in the 3. Just make more Ys instead of 3s and capture higher margins for same KW.

If past history is believed to continue, there will 100% be price adjustments/incentives during the last few weeks in December. But, then they will announce price adjustments (whether the intention is to offset loss in tax credits or due to efficiency improvements), at the beginning of 2020 when tax credit loss occurs. Has been this way since the first drop in tax credits.

If past history is believed to continue, there will 100% be price adjustments/incentives during the last few weeks in December. But, then they will announce price adjustments (whether the intention is to offset loss in tax credits or due to efficiency improvements), at the beginning of 2020 when tax credit loss occurs. Has been this way since the first drop in tax credits.

Can Tesla afford to eat any more profit? It sounds like the shareholders are going to demand higher and higher revenues.

Not for the 35K SR. I'd be curious to see if that trend continues for the other trims and the SR+ prices come close to that threshold with option prices

MHO, I'd look at EV-CPO. There are a couple of very lightly used M3 that aren't offered now. I am lusting after the LR RWD with Premium Interior.

Some have commented that these may have been returns that were repaired. IMHO most of the M3's could use a little re-work for cosmetic issues. If a crafts-person has had their hands on the car to fix imperfections, that car probably would be better than the far from perfect M3 that I happily took delivery of. Loving the car. Is it perfect - nope. But, there is nothing else like it on the road at any price.

2019 Model 3 | Tesla

The Federal Tax Credit didn't change at the end of September. It's the same as it was on July 1, and will remain that way until December 31. I don't expect Tesla to offer any significant incentives until 2020 when the tax credits expire entirely. Of course marketing strategy can change, but the end of 2018 into 2019 is when the pricing changes were almost daily, likely reflecting Tesla's attempt to maximize revenue versus cost. Likely they'll be prepared for the next set of changes, but since the tax credit is so low ($1875 versus a peak of $7500 in 2018 and earlier) the need for extreme pricing changes likely isn't as great as in the past.