TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Race Rules (Humor?)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Ciaopec, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Ciaopec

Ciaopec Reservations at Restaurant at Universe end

Close to where SpaceXploration begins: 32952
    Almost daily I find people who want to see what their vehicle can do against my MS(I only have a 90D). Many just want to "blow smoke" (the Coal Rollers); young kids with not-as-quick-as-they-think conversions with over active exhaust systems; and, maybe, some wish-I-had-yours-but-I-don't types. Whatever the motive, I can only assume it will get more intense as the high end (Porsche, Mercedes, VW, Audi) autos hit the roads.

So, I am officially raising the bar for anyone who wants to race me : we begin in Florida and finish in Chicago (or Ohio; Texas; California...).

May the best EV win.

2. Sorabh

Sorabh Member

I'd be happy to do this but am nowhere near Florida

3. Ciaopec

Ciaopec Reservations at Restaurant at Universe end

Close to where SpaceXploration begins: 32952
    I can't beat another Tesla! Guess my point was: the new releases will be fast and luxurious but, initially, they will be "around town" cars. There is no convenient infrastructure for cross county travel. Hence, a race only a Tesla could win.

• Like x 1
  4. Sorabh

Sorabh Member

I see... I was thinking you were looking for some crazy Cannonball Run type stuff where we go cross country sabotaging each others cars documenting the whole thing for a youtube video

• Funny x 2
  5. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Active Member

While maybe tongue in cheek, the OP is really on to something.

I believe a major differentiatior in future EVs will be their speed plus charging rate, and efficiency in covering long distances over time.

It will be a combination of range, and the time to recharge that will get some bragging rights (and more customers)

• Like x 1