Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Race Rules (Humor?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost daily I find people who want to see what their vehicle can do against my MS(I only have a 90D). Many just want to "blow smoke" (the Coal Rollers); young kids with not-as-quick-as-they-think conversions with over active exhaust systems; and, maybe, some wish-I-had-yours-but-I-don't types. Whatever the motive, I can only assume it will get more intense as the high end (Porsche, Mercedes, VW, Audi) autos hit the roads.

So, I am officially raising the bar for anyone who wants to race me : we begin in Florida and finish in Chicago (or Ohio; Texas; California...).

May the best EV win.

I can't beat another Tesla! Guess my point was: the new releases will be fast and luxurious but, initially, they will be "around town" cars. There is no convenient infrastructure for cross county travel. Hence, a race only a Tesla could win.

I see... I was thinking you were looking for some crazy Cannonball Run type stuff where we go cross country sabotaging each others cars documenting the whole thing for a youtube video

While maybe tongue in cheek, the OP is really on to something.

I believe a major differentiatior in future EVs will be their speed plus charging rate, and efficiency in covering long distances over time.

It will be a combination of range, and the time to recharge that will get some bragging rights (and more customers)

Reactions: Ciaopec