Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Rated Miles For P85Ds Also Negatively Impacts Promised Charging Rate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It really bothers me sometimes how protective of Tesla this forum is at times. This forum doesn't exist in my opinion to just sing the graces of Tesla. It exists to discuss Tesla among owners and enthusiasts. Whenever someone posts something critical of Tesla someone always accuses the person of posting that information of trying to hurt Tesla. Tesla doesn't get better by people always telling them they're doing everything right when they aren't. Tesla is not perfect.

If the media writes about this subject and does so truthfully (as Andyw2100 has been doing) then I don't really see the problem with it. The problem comes when they distort the truth to make Tesla look worse than it really is. Sometimes that happens due to misunderstanding on the part of the reporter, sometimes it happens because they have an agenda. Andyw2100 doesn't control that. The mere existance and posting about potentially negative information (if truthful) does not make a poster on this forum responsible for how the media writes about it.

I'd much rather see that these sorts of things are debated on the merits of the issue and not shut down by posters trying to blame other posters for what the media does.

I was simply pointing out the irony of wanting to protect Tesla from potential lawsuits by publicly discussing the things that Tesla is doing that would/could/might warrant such a lawsuit. If you want to protect Tesla from something that you think the media is going to pick up on, send a note to Tesla and/or post a private threat over at TM forums. While OP's intent may be good, I'm simply pointing out that protecting Tesla by publicly pointing out potential misrepresentations on Tesla's web site is not necessarily accomplishing the stated goal.

I think Andy's point is a valid one. Also Amped is one angry guy so take him with a grain of salt.

Angry? Me? Most people who know me consider me to be a very happy-go-lucky and funny guy. Don't mistake bluntness for anger. I tend to be direct and to the point, and sometimes that ruffles feathers and I'm sorry. That's just how I tend to write my communications. I can assure you that there's no anger here, what on earth do I have to be angry about? I drive a Model S! :)

Look guys.... I think we can all agree that the TESLA website, is at best "Sufficient" to "Good". I mentioned a while back in another post that the SPECIFICATION SHEET,
is way out of date and does not address the D models at all. Also mentioned that the Charging calculator was falling behind as well.

Suffice it to say:

1) the TESLA website is a bit behind in informing us about the rates and features in the D cars and even the P+.

2) the TESLA website SHOULD be kept more up to date as new features, models and specifications are manifested in the S and soon to be X.

I was simply pointing out the irony of wanting to protect Tesla from potential lawsuits by publicly discussing the things that Tesla is doing that would/could/might warrant such a lawsuit. If you want to protect Tesla from something that you think the media is going to pick up on, send a note to Tesla and/or post a private threat over at TM forums. While OP's intent may be good, I'm simply pointing out that protecting Tesla by publicly pointing out potential misrepresentations on Tesla's web site is not necessarily accomplishing the stated goal.

Angry? Me? Most people who know me consider me to be a very happy-go-lucky and funny guy. Don't mistake bluntness for anger. I tend to be direct and to the point, and sometimes that ruffles feathers and I'm sorry. That's just how I tend to write my communications. I can assure you that there's no anger here, what on earth do I have to be angry about? I drive a Model S! :)

Going from among other things your "You're parked in front of a charger, I'll post your offence online" note I'd say you might be a bit more hot-blooded than average, but I might be very wrong. Maybe you're just very passionate about your view with regards to Tesla and EVs?

Going from among other things your "You're parked in front of a charger, I'll post your offence online" note I'd say you might be a bit more hot-blooded than average, but I might be very wrong. Maybe you're just very passionate about your view with regards to Tesla and EVs?

Yes I am passionate, but I'm not sure why you would infer me being angry from my design of a note to place on ICE cars when they block a charging spot. I've received plenty of compliments on that note because it serves a purpose for certain situations. It doesn't mean that I'm angry. It means that I'm not afraid to tell people how I feel about actions that they take which negatively impact me. I'm really a nice guy. Although I do carry a handgun in my car, so don't piss me off too much... :tongue: