Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Raven Model S Long Range - Range Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was searching for a thread like this because I had the exact same question as OP. Took delivery on Raven LR 12/2/19. 90% was always 323-324mi. 100% yielded me 360mi.
For the first few weeks I used superchargers because I didn’t wire in my 220v yet, so I was worried about that being the problem, hitting it with supercharging out of the gate and hurting the batteries, but it seems as this is what everyone is seeing.

I was really hoping to see the 390mi hit with the 2020.40.50.7 upgrade, but it actually dropped my 90% to 320 even..smh

I've had my Raven LR since September and it still very consistently maintains a 100% yield of approximately 360 miles. Elon recently said they have been making some improvements over the past several months which they should be able to turn on via a software update but I haven't received any software updates in the past 1-2 months (I'm still on 2020.4.1) so I'm hoping the next one will make the difference :)

I was searching for a thread like this because I had the exact same question as OP. Took delivery on Raven LR 12/2/19. 90% was always 323-324mi. 100% yielded me 360mi.
For the first few weeks I used superchargers because I didn’t wire in my 220v yet, so I was worried about that being the problem, hitting it with supercharging out of the gate and hurting the batteries, but it seems as this is what everyone is seeing.

I was really hoping to see the 390mi hit with the 2020.40.50.7 upgrade, but it actually dropped my 90% to 320 even..smh

Assuming you mean 2019.40.50.7 and I'm still on that version too. Asked SC to push my update through since I saw it downloading 2020.4.1 last weekend but the update didn't complete. However, SC ended up pushing the same 2019.40.50.7. Still waiting for 2020.4.1 but, like you, I also noticed a 3-4 mile drop on 2019.40.50.7. Raven S Standard Range.

I've just resigned to NOT have my state displayed as range, and have it set to battery percentage. Do this and you will drive happier not festering because you only drove 3 miles and your range dropped 10.

Also I think it is called RANGE because you actually have to drive it to see what you can get. Driving on a flat road, maybe with some up's and downs to create regen. I think the only real way to see if you can get 370 out of a full charge is to hit the open rood, drive "normally" until you go 370 miles. If you can't even do this maybe it's a problem, but the term is range not capacity. You can drive home from Reno and gain 40+ miles of charge coming down the mountain and then maybe you got 430mi out of 100% doesn't mean your range is 430 just means you got it due to road conditions.

Change to Batt % and don't look back. If you want to know how you're doing on range just do the math, I'll look at the trip and see that I've gone 2% since last charge traveling 6 miles which gives me 3mi per %, so on and so forth.

Assuming you mean 2019.40.50.7 and I'm still on that version too. Asked SC to push my update through since I saw it downloading 2020.4.1 last weekend but the update didn't complete. However, SC ended up pushing the same 2019.40.50.7. Still waiting for 2020.4.1 but, like you, I also noticed a 3-4 mile drop on 2019.40.50.7. Raven S Standard Range.

I did mean 2019. Thank you

I've just resigned to NOT have my state displayed as range, and have it set to battery percentage. Do this and you will drive happier not festering because you only drove 3 miles and your range dropped 10.

Also I think it is called RANGE because you actually have to drive it to see what you can get. Driving on a flat road, maybe with some up's and downs to create regen. I think the only real way to see if you can get 370 out of a full charge is to hit the open rood, drive "normally" until you go 370 miles. If you can't even do this maybe it's a problem, but the term is range not capacity. You can drive home from Reno and gain 40+ miles of charge coming down the mountain and then maybe you got 430mi out of 100% doesn't mean your range is 430 just means you got it due to road conditions.

Change to Batt % and don't look back. If you want to know how you're doing on range just do the math, I'll look at the trip and see that I've gone 2% since last charge traveling 6 miles which gives me 3mi per %, so on and so forth.

Agree. I finally changed to Battery % a few weeks back as well. I totally get it that range all depends on how you drive but it just would be nice to have the car show 370 instead of 360 when it is fully charged so that it matches what the website said it would be when I bought the car. For now I'll just go with % instead of miles on my dash to help alleviate the angst.

That's not a bad plan, but I need the mileage display so when I get in the car, or look on the ap, I can quickly calculate in my head all the driving that will be done that day or before I get back home the next day so I know if I need to charge. I often drive from one overnight shift at a hospital to another hospital, so I don't get to plug in on my wall charger at home every night. I luckily have a few 150kw superchargers and now a new V3 on my routes, but adding 30-60min for a stop of charging can sometimes not be possible if I need to get somewhere. Time is money.