Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Rear Emblem.... love it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks great man, congrats! May I ask where you got your black license plate frame? I've been looking for a nice, minimal, black frame like yours.

Made this custom SpaceX frame. The perfect touch for any Tesla. SpaceX text in any color you want.

k9wED5o.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Pkmmte and lupend88
How come it seems low. Like not centered vertically.

I wish California had electrical vehicle plates so then they will know and we don’t have to have stupid stickers On our bumper
It’s personal preference. You can put it as high or low as you’d like, but most of us are going for the look that Franz had on his car. Also easier to align the lettering with the lower edge of the trunk lid.

For those that have installed this, what does the appliqué film look like afterward? Can you see the outline of where the lettering is?

I'm looking for a template for this, to use for cutting vinyl to lay under a wrap to put this is positive relief.

Negative relief would probably look even better but that'd involve a lot more material, you'd need to wrap the whole trunk twice, and be trickier to place correctly.

For those that have installed this, what does the appliqué film look like afterward? Can you see the outline of where the lettering is?

I'm looking for a template for this, to use for cutting vinyl to lay under a wrap to put this is positive relief.

Negative relief would probably look even better but that'd involve a lot more material, you'd need to wrap the whole trunk twice, and be trickier to place correctly.
Sorry, must have missed this. Wish I could tell you, but I threw it away right after installation. If I recall, though, there may have been some glue residue that might have outlined where the lettering had been. But I can’t be sure at this point. Did you ever attempt the vinyl?

• Informative
Reactions: ℬête Noire
Sorry, must have missed this. Wish I could tell you, but I threw it away right after installation. If I recall, though, there may have been some glue residue that might have outlined where the lettering had been. But I can’t be sure at this point. Did you ever attempt the vinyl?
Not yet. Didn't take delivery until 2 weeks ago and haven't booked the wrap appointment yet. Mostly I'm waiting on my TERP rebate cheque for my Bolt from TX government ($2500), had earmarked that for the wrap. I filed that a good time back, but of course those wheels turn even slower than Tesla's delivery logistics. ;)

Last edited:
Finally pulled the trigger to replace the Tesla "T" with the Tesla Performance Emblem from Abstract Ocean.

Wanted to stand out from the crowd now that there are many more Model 3s in Socal.

License_Plate.jpg

Original Tesla "T" with red vinyl overlay

Tesla_Emblem_Wide.jpg

Matte Black TESLA Emblem

Pretty easy install and took about 15-20 minutes.

Reactions: fseir