Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Rear Liftgate Sunshade on Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up a sunshade from my local SC today - I figured I'd try it there and if it didn't work out, I could just return it. It came inside a plastic bag within a zippered storage bag. Took less than minute to install and the fit is surprising secure. The shade also leaves a decent amount of visibility through it, while also cutting down the glare from headlights at night. Needless to say, I'm been quite happy with it.

I picked mine up today and it does a surprisingly good job of keeping the trunk area cooler for the kids. It cuts down on the light and I'm not a huge fan of tinting my windows since I live in the pacific nw where is rains something like 289 days a year so. I like to see light. :) $90 is a small price to pay for something I can easily take I. And out on a whim.

Old thread, but I have a new sunshade. Actually I've had it since December just after I got the car, but will need to install it more frequently now that it's warming up.

The problem is that there's no clearance between the glass and plastic around the window, so it can't fit. There's enough gap in the corners only. If I just leave it in the corners it sags down considerably. Is there some sort of trick I'm missing? Shoulda just got a tint?

Old thread, but I have a new sunshade. Actually I've had it since December just after I got the car, but will need to install it more frequently now that it's warming up.

The problem is that there's no clearance between the glass and plastic around the window, so it can't fit. There's enough gap in the corners only. If I just leave it in the corners it sags down considerably. Is there some sort of trick I'm missing? Shoulda just got a tint?

You may have done what I first did. The shade goes inside the four corners of the rear window because there are gaps in the corners. The edges do not have any gaps, so I tried to push as far in as I could. However, I realized that that is what causes the wrinkles. The solutions is to let the edges be on the inside plastic(?). That keeps the shade more taut and free of any wrinkles.