Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Rear Motor Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have A 2013 Model S. Rear motor was replaced. What is the warranty for the new rear motor

I think usually the warranty covers a remanufactured part unless they are out so you would have a brand new part.

Without a new car warranty, most parts are covered for only 12 months or 12,500 miles except for a very exception: Your Drive Unit is covered for 4 years or 50,000 miles whichever first.

The sticky part is if your replacement is covered under the new car warranty of infinity miles or 8 years whichever first, then if it dies the next day when that new car warranty expires then can you claim the part warranty too or not.

I think usually the warranty covers a remanufactured part unless they are out so you would have a brand new part.

Without a new car warranty, most parts are covered for only 12 months or 12,500 miles except for a very exception: Your Drive Unit is covered for 4 years or 50,000 miles whichever first.

The sticky part is if your replacement is covered under the new car warranty of infinity miles or 8 years whichever first, then if it dies the next day when that new car warranty expires then can you claim the part warranty too or not.
Thank you Tam. I called CA and they had no answer to my question. I'll call the Tesla Service station where I had the motor replaced. I'll also ask if it was a remanufactured or new part. I had a buyer interested in the car but he was hesitant not knowing how long the new (?) motor would last. Since mine lasted 8 years, I had assumed this new one would last as long. But one never knows when dealing with Tesla.

Thank you Tam. I called CA and they had no answer to my question. I'll call the Tesla Service station where I had the motor replaced. I'll also ask if it was a remanufactured or new part. I had a buyer interested in the car but he was hesitant not knowing how long the new (?) motor would last. Since mine lasted 8 years, I had assumed this new one would last as long. But one never knows when dealing with Tesla.
electric motors are often replaced - NOT when was the last time your replaced any electric motor? well, people do worry.