Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Red/Black Katzkin Leather Interior with red door panels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided to go ahead and change out our interior to a Red/Black color combo. I really wanted to do something different than the Black interior that I had in the car. I really like how it looks now! I did the perforated leather in the middle of the seat and non perforated on the outside skin of the seats. I had them deliver extra material so the door panels could also be changed to red. The salesperson at Katzkin called different shops in my area to see the extra cost that it would be to get the door panels changed. He gave me a couple of options and I decided on the shop that was $100 per door instead of $150 per door. The shop was a little further away and it took 2 days to have the work done but I am so glad I did it! The seats are much more comfortable! I did not think they would be but they are. I like that the color scheme is not something a lot of people have. I am going to have to change out my foot well lights from blue to red. Even after a year of owning this car, I am still so infatuated with it. It is the best car I have ever owned! I hope these pictures will show others what this color combo would look like.

Jeff

Attachments

• 1F4CA0BA-8C57-4522-AF2B-D020745503C7.jpeg
    1F4CA0BA-8C57-4522-AF2B-D020745503C7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 353
  • IMG_5529.jpeg
    IMG_5529.jpeg
    511 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_5530.jpeg
    IMG_5530.jpeg
    506.6 KB · Views: 284
It looks great!

I have a black interior in my M3LR and the headrest is peeling off within 1 month after I spend $175 to get a replacement from SC

I decide to switch to Katzkin. I just finished a call with the local installer.
Not sure if I can get only the headrest. Maybe someday I will do a full wrap.

Glad to know they are good.

I have the black katzkin leathers in my car. Had all the seats replaced with their really soft leather. No changes to the door inserts or the center console cover. Wow, it is nice. And I concur. The seats are much more comfortable than the stock seats. i was told the bottom of the leather material has a bit of foam on it, making the seats a bit more supportive. Almost so nice that i worry about tears or punctures. That being said, was working on something, left a small straight bladed screw driver on the seat, sat down on it. No damage to the leather. Despite being very soft it appears very durable also. Amazing upgrade. Worth every penny.