Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New red CA HOV Decal last until January 1, 2022?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ya. I was just thinking that. Time to remove. Sad.

So tempting to put the yellow sticker on my model 3 when I get it haha. I have one coming for my RAV4 Prime
Do they still come with 4 stickers (2 small 2 large)? You could put 2 on Tesla and 2 on Prime LOL. I really think the chance of somehow you got caught is really really small. I am thinking about moving 2 of my Lavender stickers to my wife's car (that had the red stickers).

Do they still come with 4 stickers (2 small 2 large)? You could put 2 on Tesla and 2 on Prime LOL. I really think the chance of somehow you got caught is really really small. I am thinking about moving 2 of my Lavender stickers to my wife's car (that had the red stickers).
LoL I believe it still does come with 4 stickers.
I’ll know when I receive them. I applied for them mid December

I applied mid-December and just received my yellow stickers. I note on the CA DMV site that these new stickers expires in SEPTEMBER of 2025, rather than the usual January expiration. Does anyone know if bigger changes are afoot? Surprised they’d shorten the time of validity by three months.

Reactions: ebmcs03
I applied mid-December and just received my yellow stickers. I note on the CA DMV site that these new stickers expires in SEPTEMBER of 2025, rather than the usual January expiration. Does anyone know if bigger changes are afoot? Surprised they’d shorten the time of validity by three months.
The whole program ends sept 2025. That’s why.

Removal of those stickers was the first thing I did when I moved to Texas. I did not affix my 4 HOV stickers directly to the paint, however, I bought a set of clear 3M stickers and then affixed the California HOV decals to the clear stickers.

Here's the set I bought in 2019 after getting my M3: Amazon.com: Nikola Pro California HOV Lane Sticker Protection Kit (2019 Purple Edition) : Automotive
Yeah, I'm glad I used under-stickers too that are waaaaaay easier to completely remove!

Yeah, I'm glad I used under-stickers too that are waaaaaay easier to completely remove!
I got them under the red stickers too. Will see if it is actually easy to remove next time I wash my wife's car. Although I am thinking the color (blue) under the stickers would be different than the rest of the car. Not sure if it would better to just leave the stickers on or have a HOV stickers tan line.

I got them under the red stickers too. Will see if it is actually easy to remove next time I wash my wife's car. Although I am thinking the color (blue) under the stickers would be different than the rest of the car. Not sure if it would better to just leave the stickers on or have a HOV stickers tan line.
When I removed mine, I found it was easier if I first pulled off the red sticker and then the under-sticker. Also, pull off the under-sticker very slowly to minimize the hard-to-remove sticky residue that can be left behind.

Removal of those stickers was the first thing I did when I moved to Texas. I did not affix my 4 HOV stickers directly to the paint, however, I bought a set of clear 3M stickers and then affixed the California HOV decals to the clear stickers.

Here's the set I bought in 2019 after getting my M3: Amazon.com: Nikola Pro California HOV Lane Sticker Protection Kit (2019 Purple Edition) : Automotive
They guy who XPEL-wrapped the front of my MYLR included application of my HOV stickers as part of the deal - encourage others to consider this as well, as they’re secure until expired, then easy to remove.

Just a FYI, the new yellow decals face the opposite direction from all the other CA HOV decals in the past, so most of the pre-cut PPF pieces for the decals will not work and new patterns will need to be cut.

Last-HOV-Decal.jpg

Just a FYI, the new yellow decals face the opposite direction from all the other CA HOV decals in the past, so most of the pre-cut PPF pieces for the decals will not work and new patterns will need to be cut.

Last-HOV-Decal.jpg
Must be because they ran out of colors (yellow was already used and expired about a decade ago, but there are some old cars bearing the old yellow stickers).