TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New regulations in Europe - Update to 16.2 or keep 12.x?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Dario_75D, May 27, 2019.

?

For EU users! Update to 16.2 or keep the "unregulated" version?

1. Yes, go ahead and update to 16.2. It's not that bad.

51.5%
  2. Don't even think about it. Keep it and enjoy the autopilot as we know it

48.5%
  1. emmz0r

emmz0r Member

Ah yes, that is quite annoying. It nags even if I have my hand on the wheel. You need a bit of constant force on the wheel. :(

2. PrGrPa

PrGrPa Supporting Member

Ah, I meant the turn signal indicator which has a 5-second timeout on it. Though I think you’re right that the ‘hold the steering wheel’ nag is more frequent generally and reacts very quickly during NOA events.

3. Dario_75D

Dario_75D Member

So, for the records, my eagerness overcame my patience and I updated to the latest version (which is now 2019.20.1).

I knew what I'd get (thanks to all your comments) but I finally realized that what was my main concern, the AP, is still OK, although it sometimes 'screams' in sharper turns (at least for what I could see in my 22km daily commute).

What is really scr*wed is the auto lane change. It really is scary now because it often aborts while you're crossing the line.
    Furthermore, if you couple it with NoA, it makes AP totally unusable unless you are alone in the highway. When I tried to use NoA it really seemed like I was DUI.

The increased nagging is also very annoying, especially because it doesn't always detect your hands on the wheel.

All in all, I'm moderately glad I updated but I really hope that ALC gets solved soon.

• Like x 1
  4. fren

fren Member

upgraded ( in france ) i don't see any diffference , ( ap1 )