Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New removable front plate holder (Snapplate). Anybody try it yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Saw this recently, wonder how it stacks up vs the bandit/the law. I myself have the super cheap "drill eye bolts through the provided plastic " but would consider getting something like this just because it installs so damn easily.

But will the plastic hold up vs the metal of the other designs?

Very cool. I have The Bandit but would definitively get this if I didn’t well done!

Reactions: Kbra
The benefit of the snapplate is that it is designed to be easily removable.

I really like the form factor but will wait for a decrease in price or a knock off that's cheaper.

I like the design and functionality of Snapplate but I agree the price is overpriced and will wait for a sale to pick one up. I haven't got a ticket for my front plate yet (knock on wood) but if I do need one I most likely will be getting a Snapplate.

I like the design and functionality of Snapplate but I agree the price is overpriced and will wait for a sale to pick one up. I haven't got a ticket for my front plate yet (knock on wood) but if I do need one I most likely will be getting a Snapplate.
i guess the question is - is the gimmick of the snapplate worth the price you'd pay for a ticket if you got one?

I agree the design is decent, but 120 is just silly. Once china buys one and copies it, it will be 10. Perhaps he's just banking on being first to market with this design.

That said, props to him for coming up with another mousetrap - hope he makes a couple bucks on it.
in for chinese knock off. send me the amazon/alibaba/ebay link once posted. k thx.

Just curious why everyone saying this is overpriced? It seems similar to the other competing front license plate frames and better designed. I just ordered one.
Yeah, the price is in keeping with others such as the OttoSteer, The Bandit or The Law. I guess one can make the argument that all these front license plate brackets are overpriced compared to the included stick-on plastic bracket.

What's attractive about the SnapPlate is that you don't need to install any type of "receiver" on the bumper and when you detach the license plate, you don't leave anything behind on the car. If I eventually decide to install a front license plate, I'll keep this unit in mind.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mooni
The Ottosteer one is even quicker to install and remove (once you have installed the magnetic piece behind the grill). Literally less than one second to install and/or remove. It's also a bit less expensive and there is more to it.

This looks like a good idea, but there isn't much to it; I agree it's overpriced and only a matter of time before cheaper knock-offs become available.

The Ottosteer one is even quicker to install and remove (once you have installed the magnetic piece behind the grill). Literally less than one second to install and/or remove.

If you don’t install the security screw. I don’t care how strong the magnets are on the OttoSteer, I totally see it flying off of my car one day, so that’s why mine has the security screw installed.

Reactions: Kbra