Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New removable front plate holder (Snapplate). Anybody try it yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So then it's not really a comparable product? I love the quick-disconnect feature on the Snap Plate.
My response wasn't really to imply that the Bandit is a comparable / better product. I merely answered your question about it not having a quick-disconnect feature. Some people may prefer that function, while others may not. If you can take off your plate in one second, then somebody else can too.

My response wasn't really to imply that the Bandit is a comparable / better product. I merely answered your question about it not having a quick-disconnect feature. Some people may prefer that function, while others may not. If you can take off your plate in one second, then somebody else can too.

Only if they know how to. Most people would have no clue, and that's also why there's a screw if you want to properly secure it.

Anyway, this thread is about the Snap Plate, which is what my first response was about. :)

• Informative
Reactions: Kbra
I've been running the Snap Plate since I got my car in August. I love it. It's a bit expensive, but all of them seem to be about that price. I mounts super easy but feels secure and looks sleek. It won't touch my front bumper (but I also have PPF). I did break it once by forgetting it was on when I used an automatic touchless car wash. They've since updated their web site to suggest removing it even with touchless washes. They replaced my mount for free (but now charge a small fee, I think less than $25 to replace it). Apparently the mount was designed to break so it wouldn't break your grill instead, which I like a lot. I now just quickly remove it (15 seconds maybe) when I hit the car wash. It has a security screw so someone won't be able to easily remove it with just a normal screw driver, unless they're carrying around a couple different sized security screw drivers. Honestly though, plates are pretty easy to remove as is.... plus you'll have Sentry mode looking them directly in the eyes as they do it.

I highly recommend the product and the company seemed very friendly and responsive when I contacted them about mine breaking (which was my fault :p). I also like the quick remove feature if I'm going to take pictures of my car, hand wash it, in a state that doesn't require the front plate, or if I was adventurous just in a city that I knew the police didn't really target that stuff. In the end I basically just leave it on, but I do like that I have the option to remove.

I've removed it maybe 10 times so far and the threads for the screw have loosened up a decent amount (it used to squeak while turning the screw) but it still feels very secure. I don't over tighten the screw since that's not what is holding the mount on, it's just keeping the locking mechanism from sliding into the release position.

• Love
I've been running the Snap Plate since I got my car in August. I love it. It's a bit expensive, but all of them seem to be about that price. I mounts super easy but feels secure and looks sleek. It won't touch my front bumper (but I also have PPF). I did break it once by forgetting it was on when I used an automatic touchless car wash. They've since updated their web site to suggest removing it even with touchless washes. They replaced my mount for free (but now charge a small fee, I think less than $25 to replace it). Apparently the mount was designed to break so it wouldn't break your grill instead, which I like a lot. I now just quickly remove it (15 seconds maybe) when I hit the car wash. It has a security screw so someone won't be able to easily remove it with just a normal screw driver, unless they're carrying around a couple different sized security screw drivers. Honestly though, plates are pretty easy to remove as is.... plus you'll have Sentry mode looking them directly in the eyes as they do it.

I highly recommend the product and the company seemed very friendly and responsive when I contacted them about mine breaking (which was my fault :p). I also like the quick remove feature if I'm going to take pictures of my car, hand wash it, in a state that doesn't require the front plate, or if I was adventurous just in a city that I knew the police didn't really target that stuff. In the end I basically just leave it on, but I do like that I have the option to remove.

I've removed it maybe 10 times so far and the threads for the screw have loosened up a decent amount (it used to squeak while turning the screw) but it still feels very secure. I don't over tighten the screw since that's not what is holding the mount on, it's just keeping the locking mechanism from sliding into the release position.

Yeah, the main reason I picked snap plate over the competition is because I figured it would snap :) off instead of breaking the grill which was my main concern with some of the more sturdy metal options. It's biggest flaw is deff its price.

• Informative