Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Repeater Side Cameras installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone post pics of the new repeater camera screen?
My 2021 MY LR is in for service for a fried onboard charger
I mentioned the repeater camera shows orange instead of red but I don’t have the flickering issue when turn signals are on.
The 2017 loaner they gave me has horrible flickering so now I know what you all mean.
Question is whether the new new cameras fix color and sharpness as well/is it worthwhile.
They haven’t quoted me a price so I’m hoping they just replace it without charging me. But they better not replace it and charge me without giving a quote especially if it’s not much of a difference anyway for me.

On my 2020 the cameras I just put in are substantially better than what came in the car. No flicker, no orange blindness at night w/ turn signal on, sharper, more vibrant / more accurate colors. Even the mobile Tesla tech noticed right off the bat when we did the first one.

On my 2020 the cameras I just put in are substantially better than what came in the car. No flicker, no orange blindness at night w/ turn signal on, sharper, more vibrant / more accurate colors. Even the mobile Tesla tech noticed right off the bat when we did the first one.
But the images produced by front, side cameras still have a warmer / orangish tint when compared to rear view camera image? This seems to be the norm.

But the images produced by front, side cameras still have a warmer / orangish tint when compared to rear view camera image? This seems to be the norm.

All I can say is that my new repeater cams are much improved over the original ones. They are also improved over the rear camera. I don't know if the rear cam has had any changes in the last couple years but I've been thinking of swapping it out now too if there is.

All I can say is that my new repeater cams are much improved over the original ones. They are also improved over the rear camera. I don't know if the rear cam has had any changes in the last couple years but I've been thinking of swapping it out now too if there is.
Thanks. Sounds like front and side cameras producing images with an orange tint (no flare at night when blinker is on) are the norm.

Last edited:
Front camera? How are you viewing the Fri t camera(s) ?

The color is different on my new side camera. The old cameras didn’t reflect reality but the new ones do or are closer at least.
Does red show up as red on the new side camera or do they appear orange?
Can you post a picture? Easiest way to compare it is a pic of the screen when the car is in reverse and there is something red (car/building…)behind it
Thank you!

Yesterday a Mobile Tech installed the new Repeater Side Cameras, cost $457. The image is much better, clearer, more contrast almost no JITTER and most importantly no more BLINDING from the turn signal flash at night. So if you drive at night it’s a great upgrade.

Now on to another upgrade. Has anyone gotten the Bio-Defense Mode Filter upgrade retrofitted?
Curious, did they take the old cameras back? If so, was there core value associated with?