Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Replacement Axles and Hub Bearings for Model S!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EV Tuning has partnered with GSP to bring New Replacement axle assemblies to market. We now have both rear axles, front axles and the jackshaft available. Save 40% over buying them straight from Tesla. For a number of vehicles they're out of warranty and have had some sort of axle failure. Whether its from an accident, the front end shudder issue or normal wear and tear. We also have replacement driven hub bearings available for RWD or Dual Motor cars.
IMG_6114.jpg
IMG_6120.jpg
IMG_6118.jpg
IMG_6117.jpg
IMG_6133-Edit.jpg
IMG_6136.jpg

Curious how hard these are to replace.

They're no worse than any other car. For the rears you'll need to unbolt a couple of the control arms and swaybar link and then use a tool to push it out of the hub once you take off the axle nut and washer. For the fronts you'll need to undo the upper ball joint and possibly the tie rod end. Again you'll need to use something to push it out of the hub. Sometimes they get stuck with rust so they make tools to press it out by bolting to the flange of the hub and pushing on the end of the shaft. The new axles come with replacement hardware and so do the new hub/bearings.

These are standard Benz parts, very easy to replace if u r a 70 yr old gearhead. Hardest thing was going to buy a 18mm socket. Took all day. :). Once out of warranty, everything will need replacement. My buddy has a S500 Benz. Same situation, once out of warranty, everytime u drive in dealership, it starts at $1000.00, going to 5k. I never complain. He is buying gas. :)

• Funny
Reactions: maximizese
These are standard Benz parts, very easy to replace if u r a 70 yr old gearhead. Hardest thing was going to buy a 18mm socket. Took all day. :). Once out of warranty, everything will need replacement. My buddy has a S500 Benz. Same situation, once out of warranty, everytime u drive in dealership, it starts at $1000.00, going to 5k. I never complain. He is buying gas. :)
You're correct they're very similar to multiple German Manufacturers.

You learn something every day! I had no idea we had MB axles on our cars!

To clarify The axles aren't exactly from a MB but they're very similar. The column stalks and window switches are MB and the harnesses for the front two seats are also MB. There isn't anything else that I know of that is as well. Things are design in a similar fashion where MB was a major share holder for a long period of time.

• Informative
Reactions: SilverGS
The driven bearings just a reasonably priced DIY replacement?

That isn't meant as criticism, meant as oposed to trying to pay too much and go thru a bunch of hassle buying from Tesla.
Are you asking like are they a lower cost/lesser quality product vs the OEM ones?

They are not intended to be a low line product they're build to the same standards are the original ones and should last just as long and perform the same as the original parts. You're just not paying the Tesla tax :) We worked out a deal direct with the manufacturer so there is just us a middle man not 2nd and 3rd tier distributors in the mix.