Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New requirement of 100+ miles on NAP per 30 days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, I have heard from a friend, one that's not particularly techy but still has FSD (Luckiest man alive), that you need 100+ miles on AP per 30 days to be eligible for FSD beta? I had only heard that it was 100+ miles period. I would like some clarity on this potentially new requirement?
Thanks so much!

Hey, I have heard from a friend, one that's not particularly techy but still has FSD (Luckiest man alive), that you need 100+ miles on AP per 30 days to be eligible for FSD beta? I had only heard that it was 100+ miles period. I would like some clarity on this potentially new requirement?
Thanks so much!
Here is the source of the info:

100 miles on autosteer. I would assume that means where the car steers is a minimum requirement. I don't think it means you also need NOA.

Upvote 0
So is the answer that it is a requirement but it is 100+ miles on AP for the lifetime of the car and not 30 days?
I am sure it is 100 miles AP in last 30 days, perhaps even last 7 days. Definitely not lifetime. Neither of my cars got FSD when it first when broader in begin June. I know both had at least 100 miles AP, although not in last 30 days. Next day I took first car out for 174 mile drive, mostly AP. That same evening I got FSD. Next day I took the second car out for about 78 miles on AP, and got the FSD about 30 minutes later. I was planning on doing more to get to 100, however did not need to. I suspect it had at least some AP in the last 30 or 7 days.

Only reason I say 7 days, is some people claim that had more than 100 miles in last 30 days, yet did not get it. Then went and drove 100 miles and got it.

My recommendation, go out and drive 100 miles on AP just to be sure. As noted, it does not need to be the same day, but possibly same week?

Upvote 0
My recommendation, go out and drive 100 miles on AP just to be sure. As noted, it does not need to be the same day, but possibly same week?
I drove 35 miles on AP on a Thursday and 85 miles on AP the next day (Friday), and I got the Beta two days later (Sunday).

So yeah, it doesn’t have to be the same day. Also, it can take a couple of days to go through.

Another data point, I probably had 2k miles on AP in the last 6 months, but coincidentally I didn’t really use AP in the 30 days prior to the Beta going out en masse. So definitely wasn’t lifetime AP miles.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark II
Upvote 0
Anyone ever confirm whether the requirement is 100 miles on autopilot in the last 30 days versus 100 miles on autopilot for the life of the car?
Definitely last 30 days. Neither of my cars got the update despite 1000's of AP miles, since neither had 100 in the last 30 days. After adding at least 100 AP miles I got the update within hours. Note, that was during the June push. I assume the requirement is still the same.

Upvote 0