Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Roadster is Fastest Production Car Ever says ELON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TSportline

Global Vendor
For those who didn't make the Grand Finale of the Semi Unveiling. Here she is.

3 motors.
0-60 in 1.9 seconds #fire
600+ mile range

roadster-30-1600.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Rouget
I'll give up my Porsche for this... Tesla next-generation Roadster breaks all the records: 0-60 mph in 1.9 sec, 620-mile range, and more :cool:
We are talking about a 200 kWh battery pack in a vehicle that is not much smaller than a Model 3. The energy capacity is enough to travel over 620 miles on a single charge, according to Tesla. The battery pack powers three electric motors unleashing enough power to achieve a 0 to 60 mph time of 1.9 seconds – the quickest of any production car ever.

It also translates to a 0 to 100 mph time of 4.2 seconds, a quarter-mile in just 8.9 seconds, and record-breaking 250+ mph top speed.
We got a quick test ride in the car. Here’s a 360-degree video of it. Musk said that the vehicle will hit the market only in 2020, so there’s definitely time for those specs to evolve. For now, we will just marvel at the possibilities.

Update: After the event, we also learned that the Founders Series version of the car costs $250,000 and Tesla will make 1,000 units. Buyers have to put the full amount to reserve the vehicles and it’s not clear how the referral program plays into it at this point. People can also reserve a regular production Roadster with a $50,000 deposit.
roadster_front_58-e1510896071171.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Rouget
Thanks to DragTimes, it seems there are tiny duplicated speedometer displays for both driver and passenger at the base of windshield.

Too tiny for my eyes to read. Hmmmm. Is it 246 or 248 MPH?

View attachment 260937
I can’t really tell what that is. I dismissed it as being a speedometer because there is an identical feature on the passenger side. That may be so it can be easily reconfigured as a protype for Europe...
I’m more inclined to think it has something to do with climate control vent similar to the model 3.

...I can’t really tell what that is...

The video is very shaky but if you watch frame by frame, you can notice that both sides change numbers. I could read such 0, to 39, to 89 when you freeze the frames.

Definitely, there were one digit which jumped to 2 digits and the 2 digits are dynamic, changeable.

Could be 86:

x6W0tjB.jpg

Too blurry but it could be 89 or 69.

cMH0x7D.jpg

So, for a $200,000 car, I hope the fonts can be bigger for senior citizens like myself!

Last edited:
Thanks to DragTimes, it seems there are tiny duplicated speedometer displays for both driver and passenger at the base of windshield.

Too tiny for my eyes to read. Hmmmm. Is it 246 or 248 MPH?

View attachment 260937

Hope so.

And hope that feature makes it to the Model 3 eventually. Elon's "you won't miss it" tweets notwithstanding, a lot of ppl still don't buy into his take on the UI... and probably aren't gonna.