Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Roadster is Fastest Production Car Ever says ELON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new Tesla Roadster is the halo car for the entire EV industry (+360 Test drive)
I’m just waking up after last night’s Tesla Semi and next gen Roadster Event and it feels like a dream in a lot of ways. If you would have told me yesterday that there would be an EV that met any of the following specs yesterday, I would have said “Vaporware!” Keep in mind these are base specs (!!) and the Founder’s Series car, which will take advantage of technologies gained in the 3 years before production, will somehow be better than:
  • Acceleration 0-60 mph: 1.9 sec
  • Acceleration 0-100 mph: 4.2 sec
  • Acceleration 1/4 mile: 8.8 sec
  • Top Speed: Over 250 mph
  • Wheel Torque: 10,000 Nm
  • Mile Range: 620 miles
  • Seating: 4+ trunk
It’s over. It’s. Just. Over. I’ve said it before but there is no way to dispute it anymore.
Electric vehicle engines are superior to internal combustion. Full stop.

tesla-roadster_side_view.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Model S M.D.
A04AAFFF-FD1F-448A-98AE-CAE585B67110.jpeg
Thanks to DragTimes, it seems there are tiny duplicated speedometer displays for both driver and passenger at the base of windshield.

Too tiny for my eyes to read. Hmmmm. Is it 246 or 248 MPH?

View attachment 260937

Definitely a speedometer, the driver in this video confirms it, says they are identical for both driver and passenger. Looks like autopilot indicators and the current ‘gear’ as well. Pretty clean and unobtrusive setup. Next best thing to an HUD...

...this video...

Thanks for posting an amazingly clear picture of the speedometer!

The order of these Autopilot icons are opposite from Model X/S which have the maximum autopilot speed restriction on the left of the speedometer and steering wheel icon on the right!

IMG_2797.jpg

What's the advantage of switching the order of icons around?

Now, I have to figure out how does that right straight line work :)

Last edited:
The order of these Autopilot icons are opposite from Model X/S which have the maximum autopilot speed restriction on the left of the speedometer and steering wheel icon on the right! What's the advantage of switching the order of icons around?

Now, I have to figure out how does that right straight line work :)
I also wondered why those icons were flipped compared to the S/X. Odd. The straight line is, I think, possibly a placeholder. When the firmware is done it might be a battery charge level indicator. Or maybe a G-force display. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Tam