Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Roadster Owner in S. FL!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having been a Tesla fanatic for years I'm finally able to say I'm officially part of the family as I purchased my first Tesla. Its a CPO 2010 Fusion Red Roadster 2.5 (non-sport) #1159. Now if only I can figure out how to fall asleep during the next week until June 29th delivery day! Anyone have any pointers?

Also just in time for our planned trip down to the lower keys for a few days, it will be perfect as I can charge up right at our house down there. We gotta start some SE FL club meetups coz the SW FL already got a head start with their thread heh. Looking forward to meeting and talking with all of you.

-Steve

Congratulations and welcome! It took about two weeks to get mine so consider yourself lucky! In the meantime, you can spend your time getting all the apps,
charge locations, adapters, etc. ;) Things you should have ready are the J1772 adapter, stick-on blind spot mirrors, and lots of sunscreen!

Congratulations and welcome! It took about two weeks to get mine so consider yourself lucky! In the meantime, you can spend your time getting all the apps,
charge locations, adapters, etc. ;) Things you should have ready are the J1772 adapter, stick-on blind spot mirrors, and lots of sunscreen!
Congrats and welcome to Blavenn. Augkuo, stick on blind spot mirrors for the Roadster are a new one on me. Obviously a very good idea. Can you give some details on which you bought (a Pep Boys available item or more specific?) and where you mounted them? Are they small to be stuck over a portion of the side mirror area?

Many thanks,
Bobfitz1

Having been a Tesla fanatic for years I'm finally able to say I'm officially part of the family as I purchased my first Tesla. Its a CPO 2010 Fusion Red Roadster 2.5 (non-sport) #1159. Now if only I can figure out how to fall asleep during the next week until June 29th delivery day! Anyone have any pointers?

Also just in time for our planned trip down to the lower keys for a few days, it will be perfect as I can charge up right at our house down there. We gotta start some SE FL club meetups coz the SW FL already got a head start with their thread heh. Looking forward to meeting and talking with all of you.

-Steve

Hi Steve,

Congratulations and welcome to the forums.

I'd also like to invite you to join our Florida Tesla Motors Club. We have over 180 households across the state that are members, with lots in the Miami area. We have 63 households in our Southeast region.

If you are interested please email me directly at [email protected] include your full name, screen name and city.

Larry Chanin
Founder, Florida Tesla Motors Club

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome to Blavenn. Augkuo, stick on blind spot mirrors for the Roadster are a new one on me. Obviously a very good idea. Can you give some details on which you bought (a Pep Boys available item or more specific?) and where you mounted them? Are they small to be stuck over a portion of the side mirror area?

Many thanks,
Bobfitz1

You can buy them at any hardware/autoparts store, a 2-pack is less than $5. Some are adjustable and some fixed so check it out before you get them. Depending upon your height and seat position, you'll want to place them to cover the blind spots.
Have someone walk back and forth on the side so that you can find them - good luck!

2013-06-27 06.20.24.jpg

-Steve

How did the delivery go?
The SW FL Tesla Motors Group event was a great success. See the thread for some photos. Maybe you can start the SE FL Group. Just a thought. :biggrin: