Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'New' Roadster Owner, UK #335 : THANKS to TMC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys
Having almost bought a roadster new, I've hankered after one ever since. Tesla UK, are not yet up and running with a CPO scheme, but they kindly put me in touch with a private owner who wanted to sell.
He was smitten by the Tesla Roadster and has 'moved up' to a Maclaren 650s :wink:
That was back in February, and I just picked up #355 from Telsa, Acton - fresh with warantees and service.
335.jpg

#335 is my favourite colour: All White, a 2.5 sport, with extra soundproofing, 9800miles.
Apart from being 'chuffed' (UK expression = Very pleased :smile: ) I want to THANK contributors to this forum for all the help and de-mystification of these cars.
Specific thanks to: Kevin Sharpe (I hope to meet up soon), PV4EV, Alan, dpeilow, in the UK along with Markwj, hcsharp, mpt, ALL the guys who contributed to OVMS, VMSParser, TeslaGLoP, along with CAC talk(!) etc. ... service and Tesla expectations and all the selfless info contributions.

Mark

Attachments

• 20140425_102234.jpg
    20140425_102234.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 561
Last edited:
Hi Mark,

Great looking car - welcome to Roadster ownership & well done!

I can just spot what I think is my Roadster in your photos in the workshop. The team in Acton really know there stuff on Roadsters.

Reactions: Mark77a
That's my grey Roadster on the right!

We really should organise a UK owner meet-up.

Agreed .... and I think I saw your grey roadster on the lift on Wednesday.

Loving the Roadster - Overall SUPER impressed .. seems the sound proofing, wind noise, sealing and general fit and finish are much better than Gians Green Demo car I drove 3 years ago..

I agreed to buy my Roadster in February, but its taken until now to collect it.
Still, plenty of threads to read in the meantime :). Although I'd driven quite a few of them, ownership is special .... the technology, the philosophy, the company, .. and i'm so pleased it has the awesome steering feel Lotus is famous for..... it makes ALL other cars steering, even Porsche etc feel stodgy by comparison.
There is just no other car even close, period .. sorry, I guess you guys know all this :)

I have already done 400 miles, and learning by experience about 'estimated miles', effect of strong head winds and high amp charging (vs a long w a i t @ 10miles an hour :) )
Mark

I'm wondering if that's my red #330 in the background...

Hi - welcome to the forum :)

Thanks, Its a great place :smile:
Now I'm all tooled up with Henry's 'CAN' and a J1772><Type2 cable .. I'm able to charge, at 60 Amps at all the Ecotricity motorway rapid chargers ... re-sult :) almost like having HPC's everywhere.

.. do you still have #330 ? ....
or it could have been THIS one ? now for sale again, on behalf of lady owner.