Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Roadster owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't think I can do anymore without the wheels off but saw someone said you can access the wheel wells by turning the wheels all the way to each side and sure enough it did work.

Just finished up the front left wheel upper panel and left front fender.

Comparison of right fender hollow echo sound vs left fender which has no echo and hollow sound.

Fender Compare.mov

IMG_7570.JPG

In the process of getting the rest of the car wrapped in Xpel PPF and getting the front hood wrapped in some new Black high gloss PPF that is not even released yet; I'll get the name and brand when I pick up the car and post pictures when I get home these evening.

But for start they managed to do the entire trunk in one piece, yes that is one huge sheet running all the way across the trunk!
IMG_7578.JPG
IMG_7577.JPG

Reactions: Hsujonn
Car is back from getting Xpel wrapped PPF entire car remaining pieces; I put the back 3 pieces of the hood in expel ultimate black gloss PPF.

The Windshield was covered in "Clearplex" and the headlights were also done in Xpel ultimate PPF clear gloss.

Also the front windshield frame / Pillar was also covered in xpel ultimate black ppf for a much more finished look than the faint black plastic. The entire frame was done in one piece sheet; not breaks or cuts in between.

The last image shows closeup of the black ppf on the windshield pillar bracket since the texture is not completely smooth underneath; but from little bit away can't even tell; came out perfect.

The "T E S L A" letter emblem in the back was cracking a little and adhesive worn out; also the shop couldn't get them back on without aligning properly so I ordered overnight the Gen 2 letters in "Chrome" from Tesla Performance Emblem (2nd Gen) I read the letters are spaced out a little different on the roadster so I have to alter the spacing template so that is my project for tomorrow!

IMG_7613.JPG
IMG_7595.JPG
IMG_7601.JPG
IMG_7607.JPG
IMG_7610.JPG
IMG_7611.JPG

Last edited:
Worked on the spacing all day; I did use that thread to apply, that was the post I was talking about.

In that forum thread they go into spacing issues as the roadster was smaller spacing then the template provided; but the amount of time and process it took I would just stick the pre-installed template on; noone would ever know. It's off my few cm - not very much.

New Emblem Letters and Brand new "Roadster Sport" Badge

I think I did a great job! exactly centered and 3cm from the top of the trunk to the start of the top of the letters. Look at that shitty bmw i8 reflecting off the car lol.

IMG_7625.JPG
IMG_7620.JPG
IMG_7622.JPG

Last edited:
Has anyone seen this Vintage Tesla key chain before? I searched yesterday and noticed this one was on ebay; This item was the only one on the internet in this vintage style so I grabbed it; I tried to ask seller where he got it from or any back bone of the story and he said he received from a batch of key chains from a flea market in Florida.

I put it on my Valet key; I have these coming in few days as well - TESLA KEYCHAIN FOB 2 pack black set

IMG_7670.JPG
IMG_7671.JPG

Last edited:
Worked on the spacing all day; I did use that thread to apply, that was the post I was talking about.

In that forum thread they go into spacing issues as the roadster was smaller spacing then the template provided; but the amount of time and process it took I would just stick the pre-installed template on; noone would ever know. It's off my few cm - not very much.

New Emblem Letters and Brand new "Roadster Sport" Badge

I think I did a great job! exactly centered and 3cm from the top of the trunk to the start of the top of the letters. Look at that shitty bmw i8 reflecting off the car lol.

View attachment 525692 View attachment 525693 View attachment 525694
how did you deal with the rear view mirrors? mine keeps peeling at sides. everything is fine though.

Heres another issue; I'm sure everything is ok but I just had a electrician today install the correct levington 240v outlet for the roadster.

With the 120v charger it looks like I was getting 178-179 miles of charge on standard mode. Then I took the car to get the xpel wrap and now the car gets 176 with the 120v so I spoke with Carl Medlock and he said to install the 240v outlet so this is why I had this installed today.

Ok so this morning before they came I drove the car a few miles just so I had little room to charge; so now I'm at 173; After the electricians are done I plug in the 240v to see if it works; it does. but since it was at the end of charge it was jumping from 18-23 amps and finished charging at 173 miles thinking it was going to bring it up to at lease back to 175-176

So now i'm thinking let me take the car out for a spin; so I went to the dispensary to pick up some meds lol which the dispensary is 6 miles away; I drove at least 3-4 miles and my car was still at 172 miles which only used 1 mile? Maybe something is off balanced just by a few miles?

so then I come back home and I think I had 156miles range standard mode. I plug the car in 240v and it charges back now to only 172 miles (I just lost 1 mile). Does the different 120v and 240v give different output mile calculations?

Can someone help me or make me feel better so I know something is not wrong? But just from seeing this it seems like my range is dropping. Or maybe the car hasn't been driven since 2014 it's balancing after so many years? Notice in the beginning of the forum thread the 120v charged to 180-181 miles when I first received the car.
IMG_7688.JPG
IMG_7683.JPG
IMG_7684.JPG
IMG_7685.JPG
IMG_7686.JPG
IMG_7687.JPG

Last edited:
Heres another issue; I'm sure everything is ok but I just had a electrician today install the correct levington 240v outlet for the roadster.

With the 120v charger it looks like I was getting 178-179 miles of charge on standard mode. Then I took the car to get the xpel wrap and now the car gets 176 with the 120v so I spoke with Carl Medlock and he said to install the 240v outlet so this is why I had this installed today.

Ok so this morning before they came I drove the car a few miles just so I had little room to charge; so now I'm at 173; After the electricians are done I plug in the 240v to see if it works; it does. but since it was at the end of charge it was jumping from 18-23 amps and finished charging at 173 miles thinking it was going to bring it up to at lease back to 175-176

So now i'm thinking let me take the car out for a spin; so I went to the dispensary to pick up some meds lol which the dispensary is 6 miles away; I drove at least 3-4 miles and my car was still at 172 miles which only used 1 mile? Maybe something is off balanced just by a few miles?

so then I come back home and I think I had 156miles range standard mode. I plug the car in 240v and it charges back now to only 172 miles (I just lost 1 mile). Does the different 120v and 240v give different output mile calculations?

Can someone help me or make me feel better so I know something is not wrong? But just from seeing this it seems like my range is dropping. Or maybe the car hasn't been driven since 2014 it's balancing after so many years? Notice in the beginning of the forum thread the 120v charged to 180-181 miles when I first received the car.View attachment 529011 View attachment 529012 View attachment 529013 View attachment 529014 View attachment 529015 View attachment 529016

I get 3-4 less estimated miles charging on 240v vs. 120v. I think I've seen other posts that say this is normal, so your 172-3 vs. 175-6 seems normal. You could try 120v again and see where it ends up.

The drop from 181 to 176 may be some balancing. How has the CAC changed since you got your car?

• Love
Reactions: jason.tv
I get 3-4 less estimated miles charging on 240v vs. 120v. I think I've seen other posts that say this is normal, so your 172-3 vs. 175-6 seems normal. You could try 120v again and see where it ends up.

The drop from 181 to 176 may be some balancing. How has the CAC changed since you got your car?

how do I pull the cac again? Just plugged in the 120v again seeing what happens. Let me know if I should not do this.

Last edited:
how do I pull the cac again? Just plugged in the 120v again seeing what happens. Let me know if I should not do this.
VMS Log Parser for Tesla Roadster

Generally, the charge rate is more important for battery health...24-32A rate @ 240V will be fine. Pull the log and review the CAC reported from early in the log to the end, compare which brick is worst as reported, different bricks may be degrading or just didn't balance...

ok cool so after plugging in the 120v again the car went back up to 175 and was still charging so I stopped charging and plugged in the 240v charger again and it completed charging as soon as I plugged the 240v in.

Clearly at 240v the car is made this way to stop the charge at a lower state considering the amount of draw is being put into the cells with higher amps to protect battery state and condition.

Reactions: drewski
VMS Log Parser for Tesla Roadster

Generally, the charge rate is more important for battery health...24-32A rate @ 240V will be fine. Pull the log and review the CAC reported from early in the log to the end, compare which brick is worst as reported, different bricks may be degrading or just didn't balance...

ok so I went into the soc screen to see cac reading and it flashed the old screen for a second with 152.7 cac and updated with new screen and now my cac has dropped to 149.81

IMG_7695.JPG

These values will move around a bit over time. Changes in temperature will affect the full-charge mileage, so you'll see a seasonality - lower in the winter, higher in the summer - of a mile or two. CAC will also fluctuate with use and charging, related to the pack balance, and the charging rate (amps). The mental model I use is that charging a Li-Ion battery is like running at a brick wall. You never want to actually hit the wall, or bad things will happen. Just get close to it. You can run full speed at it when you're far away, but you need to slow down towards the end so as to not go "splat". The 120v charge rate is slower than at a 240v (even as the 240v charge rate drops over time), enough so that it can get a lot closer.

But also remember that the CAC is an estimate of the battery health. We think of batteries as a gas tank where one can measure the capacity with precision, but that's not the case. One can never know exactly what it is, and a battery can never "get better" in its intrinsic health, even though the CAC value might go up a little after a deep cycle and charge. It's just a better (or at least, different) estimate of that battery's health.

Finally, a suggestion... Don't stress over the displayed range. It's an estimate, and your actual WILL be different. So leave a good bit of margin, and don't try to suck the battery dry; it's not good for its health, or your stress level.