TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Roadster owners - where's your delivery photos??

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by adiggs, Nov 30, 2012.

1. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

There's no reason for the Model S drivers to have all the fun, and sure - I could go look at the For Sale photos associated with your VINs. But I want to see your photos of YOUR car! I want to hear your delivery story, and what brought you to the Roadster!

So, if you're willing, cough 'em up.

2. augkuo

augkuo Member

I got #783 from Straightline Auto in Texas. I'd been wanting a roadster since that was the only EV that had the range for my daily commute (~130 miles roundtrip) and I hadbeen talking to Tesla Motors about getting a new one. The ones that they had in white had pretty boring interiors (all black) and one was slightly used in the movie "Looper". That got me thinking about getting a slightly used one and instead of waiting ~8 weeks for a custom built, I found #783 with 490 miles and the color combo I wanted. Within 2 weeks I had it delivered to the service center in Menlo Park for a thorough going-over and yearly maintenance.

teslantage2_crop.jpg

3. Pantera Dude

Pantera Dude Member

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to hyperlink the picture of my car but I figure most of you guys are probably pretty computer savvy? From the time the the previous owner and I agreed on a price, it took a month to get the car! The wait was killing me! The car was in New Jersey, we agreed on the price on Sunday and Sandy hit the next day! I think it took two weeks to get a company out to inspect due to the hurricane. It then took the truck a week after the inspeciton to pick up the car and eight days to get here. The wait seem like it would never end. So the car gets here on Wednesday and it starts raining on Thursday and is supposed to continue till Monday! I can't BUY a break! I think I've put ten miles on the car. My plans are to not drive if I know its going to rain, so this is torture! I may even go out and wash the car in the rain so I can at least do something to it. I can't wait to get to work on it. It has a couple rattles in the cab that i want to fix and I want to get my 220 outlet set up. The car is in my carport so it's not a very good place to work when it's raining. The car looks to be almost perfect but it appears that the previous owner did not have a problem with OCD. :confused: So I have some cleaning up to do on it, but that will be fun. My thanks to all that have answered my endless questions during my search and education about these BITCHIN cars!
    Art

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0QZOXLhwxcM3Tg

4. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

That's what I'm talking about. Contratulations augkuo!

- - - Updated - - -

I like the green Pantera. But I gotta say - not driving in the rain? That would kill me!

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

How about a blast from the past? Fond memories of summer 2010... the sound of a big rig coming down the street brought out all the neighbours...

Attached Files:

6. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

That counts in my book. Is that the Fusion Red? For myself, I find that the red/orange/yellow Roadsters make everything else around them dim and pale :)

7. Bamashrink

Bamashrink Member

About 14 days from delivery...here's a preview. Battery range is ok i think
    image.jpg

8. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Yes, Fusion Red. The only problem with that color is half the people who see the car think it's a Ferrari.

9. adiggs

adiggs Active Member

Yes, I can see how that'd be a problem Doug. You'll have to tell us how you deal with people misunderstanding your car is a Ferrarri :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

14 days - early enough to be a Merry Christmas.

10. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

"No, it's a Tesla"
    "A what?"
    "Tesla"
    "Who makes it?"
    "Tesla Motors"
    "Is that Italian?"
    "Comes from California. It's electric"
    "Really???"

I've had this conversation at least a hundred times...

11. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Ditto except we say, "Comes from here"

12. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

7416_147316140052_8040671_n.jpg

I've always selected cars by efficiency as I've never wanted to contribute to wars or pollution (I know I can't solve those problems by myself; but that doesn't absolve me from doing my share). The fact that efficient cars generally have really low TCO helped a lot.

I had always wanted a sports car...but just was never able to to justify the cost or gas use. Until the Roadster came along. I actually first tried to go a cheaper and more practical route; I bought a used RAV4-EV and was hoping to replace it with a Model S when it became available. But I kept worrying that Tesla might not be able to build the Model S unless they sold enough Roadsters. So in July 2009 - when things were really tight for Tesla - I ordered a Roadster. It was delivered Oct 1 2009.

The plan was to sell the Roadster when we got the Model S, but when the Model S finally arrived a few days shy of 3 years later, we ended up selling the RAV4-EV instead. So we're a two-tesla family now.

IMG_4896.JPG

13. Pantera Dude

Pantera Dude Member

I like the green Pantera. But I gotta say - not driving in the rain? That would kill me![/QUOTE]

I couldn't take it! I caved in and drove it in the rain. What a blast!!! So for the time being, I'll be driving come hell or high water!:biggrin:

14. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Doug, when did you get a Ferrari? 101...

15. strider

strider Active Member

Attached Files: