Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Rooftop Solar, Help Me Understand Monitoring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new 10k system with a SolarEdge inverter and SolarEdge optimizers. SolarEdge just sent me login credentials for their dashboard, which I also used for logging in using the SolarEdge monitoring app on my phone. I can now see data about my system's power generation; however, I thought I would be able to see the output of each panel, in real time and I'm not seeing where to view that.

Do I need a different level of user account to see each panel's output as opposed to the aggregate system output?

Thanks in advance.

I just got my solar installed by Tesla with Solar Edge inverters and Optimizers. @Rockster How did you get an account from SolarEdge? Tesla support try to tell me if I setup my inverter with wifi and use Solar Edge app I will void my annual guaranteed kw. Anyone also experience this? Sounds pretty dumb that we have all this tech and functionality but we cant access it...

I just got my solar installed by Tesla with Solar Edge inverters and Optimizers. @Rockster How did you get an account from SolarEdge? Tesla support try to tell me if I setup my inverter with wifi and use Solar Edge app I will void my annual guaranteed kw. Anyone also experience this? Sounds pretty dumb that we have all this tech and functionality but we cant access it...

My local solar company set up everything with Solar Edge. I own my system outright, so maybe that’s a factor. Oh, and I didn’t bother with WiFi since my inverter has cellular and that’s working fine.

@Rockster thanks for the info. I do own mine as well. According to SolarEdge site only solar installers can setup the accounts.

@SageBrush thanks :)
Nah.

kWh, NOT kw.

My local solar company set up everything with Solar Edge. I own my system outright, so maybe that’s a factor. Oh, and I didn’t bother with WiFi since my inverter has cellular and that’s working fine.

@Rockster thanks for the info. I do own mine as well. According to SolarEdge site only solar installers can setup the accounts.

@SageBrush thanks :)
My solar installer set most of that up properly, and some settings were wrong, so SolarEdge support fixed the rest. I recommend that you call your Solar installer and have them properly set up the layout like we expect to see in our SolarEdge monitoring app. It should have the proper degrees orientation from North and degrees orientation from FLAT or UP (I forget what the standard is), and the proper location of each panel. This is part of a SolarEdge install. If SolarEdge does not allow you to set it up yourself and the solar provider does not include setting up the SolarEdge configuration in their contract price to you, then ask both to give you the installer credentials so that YOU can properly set it up, and I've heard in the past that that will work out eventually. I never had to get the credentials, but I think someday I will have to.