Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New RWD for me!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought a Model 3 RWD online from inventory and took delivery less than four days later. Have never bought a car that fast. The delivery experience was as expected - they brought the car out, I spotted some scratches, took pictures, and scheduled an appointment to bring it back later to have them fixed.

In hindsight, I kind of wish I had made my decision a few weeks earlier, would have been able to get the dual motor, but then again that is another $6K+…

I plan to get front PPF, ceramic coating, and 35% tint everywhere except the front. Going to @ALSETAuto in Portland in a few weeks, I hear they're pretty amazing, and Ian has been super responsive through the entire process.

Spent the past two months cross shopping between this and a Bolt EUV. As much as I like the look of the Bolt and the fact that it has a more approachable interface with CarPlay and physical buttons, the charging speed is really what was a problem for me. Being able to have the live data of the SuperCharger network integrated into any long distance routes as well as the Sentry Mode put me over to Tesla.

Plan to just snail charge it via 110V in the garage at the apartment I live in to preserve the battery and supercharge when needed.

The car is beyond my expectations, can be really fast, and the audio system actually is pretty nice, EVEN with the silly extra AWD speakers disabled. I did order the Hansshow harness, so may see about getting that done.

Now time to take some night time pictures. Will post later!

Attachments

• 3F4CF8DA-E19C-4EB7-8136-C9FD44BFF15E.jpeg
    3F4CF8DA-E19C-4EB7-8136-C9FD44BFF15E.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Got a tint appointment this weekend, gonna get 50% front and 20% rear done. Gonna look less like a fishbowl
Awesome - here in Oregon the limit is 35%, so I am going that way. Initially I thought it would be too dark, but I *literally* googled "Model 3 35% tint" and found a ton of photos to validate and confirm it should be fine. I saw/read so many times people have rarely ever wished they had gone *lighter*.

Awesome - here in Oregon the limit is 35%, so I am going that way. Initially I thought it would be too dark, but I *literally* googled "Model 3 35% tint" and found a ton of photos to validate and confirm it should be fine. I saw/read so many times people have rarely ever wished they had gone *lighter*.
The law here for the front is actually 70🥲 but most people don’t get into any trouble with 50 so that’s as far as I’m willing to go. 35 is gonna look amazing however!

Looks good to me. Cops here have a different take and they won't write tickets for tint unless they pulled you over for something else and you're being a big enough prick they want to hit you with everything. Talked to cops about it before and it is a simple safety thing for them. They just want to be able to see into your car as they approach it, which I get. Especially since one of those cops got shot during a normal traffic stop. Told me that if you simply roll your windows down before they come up to your car, they could care less how tinted they are. In fact, they don't want to deal with the hassle unless you give them reason. Personally, I have never gotten so much as a peep for any of my car's tints over the years. I pick up my M3 tomorrow and plan to do 30 up front 20 rear 70 windshield 35 for top glass and rear glass. I used to prefer darker, but can't see well enough at night to go super dark any longer. 30 is dark as I like to go for any window I need to look out of at night.

Reactions: giotto1