Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New S - found 2 build issues. Looking for advice.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my dream car now for 3 weeks now and finally gave her a bath last weekend. This is when I noticed two build issues that I need to figure out the best way to get them fixed.
  1. Inside the front driver's side wheel well, the rubber boot that covers the ultrasonic sensor is exposed. I, unfortunately, noticed this AFTER I had squirted water inside the wheel well to clean it out. The passenger side is completely tight. Please see pic below.
  2. The weatherstripping on the Pano roof on the front driver side is not tucked in like it is on the passenger side. Please see pics below. It looks super tacky :(
Are these things that I should schedule a service visit to fix? For sure on the open boot around the sensor..... not too sure about the weatherstripping. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

sensor boot 2.jpg
Weatherstripping Roof - Driver1.jpg
Weatherstripping Roof - Driver2.jpg

Attachments

• Weatherstripping Roof - Passenger.jpg
    Weatherstripping Roof - Passenger.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 34
Have you just tried reseating both? I’d def try first before making an appt.
I’ve replaced my headlights (HID, not LED) a couple times now and have pulled/reseated the boot without issues in order to access the bulbs.