Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New S - Park Assist Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hayseed_MS

Spreader of "Endless Non Sequitur"
Jan 19, 2021
Strong Badia
Have had my new S for almost one week. The Park Assist Unavailable warning is on intermittently. No rhyme or reason. Will work when leaving garage, then turn off while driving. I can pull partially into the garage (with it not working), put it in park and it works again.

Am I missing something? Anyone else with this issue?

I have a model X (2020) that have the same intermittent error message : Park Assist Unavailable. I have the latest update few days ago. Should I schedule a service for that ? When I do an automatic parking, it works. I worry about the message since it can be a safety issue. Please advise. Many thanks.

I have a 2015 Model S and I got the same error park assist unavailable GTW_w182 a few days ago. I took my car to the service center today but since I did a 2016 bumper refresh and modified the wiring harness they said they don’t know how to fix it. They said it’s a fault at the wiring harness but I’m not sure if they’re just saying that because they don’t know how to fix it

I’m wondering if this is a software issue since all of us have this coming up in the last few days ?

I installed 2021.24.3 on my 2020 MX LR and maybe it’s fixed? I’ve only done two 20 minute drives, but so far no errors and my homelink and auto-folding mirrors have worked consistently when pulling in and out of my garage.

I have a model X (2020) that have the same intermittent error message : Park Assist Unavailable. I have the latest update few days ago. Should I schedule a service for that ? When I do an automatic parking, it works. I worry about the message since it can be a safety issue. Please advise. Many thanks.

I did open a ticket for this issue. Tesla sent a technician and he concluded that it was a known bug, especially for the X model. A fix would be included in the next update. After a OTA update last Monday 08/23/2021, I have not seen that error message. Will monitor it to see if that bug is fixed.

I did open a ticket for this issue. Tesla sent a technician and he concluded that it was a known bug, especially for the X model. A fix would be included in the next update. After a OTA update last Monday 08/23/2021, I have not seen that error message. Will monitor it to see if that bug is fixed.
I'm on 2021.24.4 and I saw the park assist unavailable error again this morning. The OTA updates don't seem to be fixing it

The error message "Park Assist Unavailable" still shows up, much less frequent than before the OTA update. Nonetheless, it is still an annoying bug and make it feel less safe.

The error message "Park Assist Unavailable" still shows up, much less frequent than before the OTA update. Nonetheless, it is still an annoying bug and make it feel less safe.
Tesla service informed me that this problem is a known issue for new model X . It asked me to wait for a software fix that is coming soon. For now, there is nothing they can do. Lately, this error message "Park Assist Unavailable" is shown following with another error message "Autopilot safety/convenience features unavailable" Sometimes those 2 messages are shown in succession for 5 to 10 minutes.

I have your same car and model year; and this same issue. I was told by my SC last week that it’s a “firmware issue” but the solution is not yet available. If anyone gets this fixed, let us know.

This is really infuriating. I'm starting to be really angry with Tesla now after being an owner since 2014. It's been going on for weeks. They need to fix this, or issue an update that just turns the beeps on the warning alarm off while driving. I have taken multiple 3 hour trips over the last few weeks, and it happens every 10 minutes. Technician has been out to my house twice, with no real result - the problem still persists with no fix in sight and no communication. Totally unacceptable.

Reviving this old thread. My 2022 Model S has been doing this for months, and three trips to the service center has not fixed it. Getting the same story: a firmware fix is in the works, nothing to do until it is finished. Are others in this thread still having the problem?

There was no firmware update in the works for this problem. I escalated it to the regional manager and he got me into a service center that actually knew what they were doing. They kept it for 6 days, and replaced a wiring harness near the front of the car. It works like a charm now. So if you get the answer for any problem that they're working on a firmware update, be suspicious.