Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New S/X Coat Hooks Now in Tesla Store!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FedEx just arrived and I shot a quick video.
These things are perfect. I just love them.
Very subdued. Looks like they could almost be factory installed.
Perfectly functional!
Here’s something I noticed when I installed the second coat hook. The barb is actually metal. I’m pretty sure that the whole coat hook is metal with a rubber coating around it with exception of the barb. So definitely not cheap or expensive plastic. In fact not plastic at all.

Here’s something I noticed when I installed the second coat hook. The barb is actually metal. I’m pretty sure that the whole coat hook is metal with a rubber coating around it with exception of the barb. So definitely not cheap or expensive plastic. In fact not plastic at all.

Agree these are good quality and look great

I'm an idiot. Just got these and apparently I have the original Next Gen seats in my MS which aren't compatible. I Next Gen = Gen3 seats!

They work in my MX but those have white seats and I also ordered a set for that as well.

Will try to return them but in case I can't, lmk if anyone wants them at discount since they will be paper weight for me.

I'm an idiot. Just got these and apparently I have the original Next Gen seats in my MS which aren't compatible. I Next Gen = Gen3 seats!

They work in my MX but those have white seats and I also ordered a set for that as well.

Will try to return them but in case I can't, lmk if anyone wants them at discount since they will be paper weight for me.

PM'd you

Same here. They do hang off the headliner bar in the back. annoyed that it wasn’t clear what seats they were for.

OP here.
Very first words of my first post.
I wish you wrote the listing on the Tesla website...

Hmm i see now it does say second generation seats.

I guess either it didn’t say that when I first ordered it, or it did and I saw it and thought — “I have next gen (i.e., next after the first shall come the second) gen seats — that’s for me.”

I wish you wrote the listing on the Tesla website...

Hmm i see now it does say second generation seats.

I guess either it didn’t say that when I first ordered it, or it did and I saw it and thought — “I have next gen (i.e., next after the first shall come the second) gen seats — that’s for me.”
I made a similar mistake when I ordered a signature red paint repair kit. My car is Multi Coat Red. Non returnable. Argh.

Hi folks,

I've ordered a set and realized afterwards that it doesn't fit the 2015 and earlier Tesla Model S. So, if anyone is interested, I'm selling them for $50 + shipping via USPS priority if anyone is interested, Or, if you're in the Bay Area, we can meet up.

OP here.
I ordered immediately after it appeared on the store, before starting this thread.
More likely that they were never in stock. They probably added them to the store prior to receiving any inventory, and possibly before ordering from the manufacturer.
Trying to gage demand to determine order size...

Had mine a few weeks now. Have both installed - feedback is good. I was expecting to leave them off and just put on when needed, but they look /feel great far better in person than you would expect (unless $50 has blown your mind, then nothing is going to work here).

Glad I bought them.