Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New S/X Coat Hooks Now in Tesla Store!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Tesla site today:

Note: Cream colored variant coming soon.
Delivery Note: We are currently experiencing long wait times for this product. Black coat hooks will be shipping 8/24 and white coat hooks will be shipping at the end of August.

These are pretty pricey, but at least they won't slice open the faces of your rear passengers in case of a colission. So, in that sense they can save a lot of money.

Those cheap metal ones... I cannot imagine why anyone would want such a safety hazard in their car!

I am also looking for coat hooks for my MS, and now I am considering the same coat hooks on taptes. The price on Tesla official is $50, while it's $19.99 on taptes. By the way, they said it has anodized aluminum inside and the Silicone surface.
Seatback Coat Hooks for Tesla Model S (Set of 2)

And another option I have seen is the evannex which is $19.95.
Seatback Coat Hooks - Set of Two for Tesla Model S 2017+

Or do you have other good options? Thanks

I am extremely happy with the Tesla coat hooks that I purchased directly from the Tesla online store, however the ones from Taptes look nearly identical at least based on the photos.

Reactions: Jimmy 1
The Taptes ones look identical...but that makes sense, since if you look closely, you will see that Taptes is actually using Tesla's photos!

So...not sure what the Taptes ones really look like. Either they 1) are exactly the same (and Taptes is getting them from the OEM and price cutting Tesla), 2) Are identical clones/reproductions and they feel using Tesla's photos are thus accurate or 3) Taptes coat hooks are still being produced and they are using Tesla's photos as 'placeholders' until they get a finished product.

If the end (Taptes) product is inferior or different visually than what the appropriated Tesla photos show, then this could be a bit of a potential bait-and-switch.

The Taptes price does look tempting though!

Reactions: P85_DA
The Taptes ones look identical...but that makes sense, since if you look closely, you will see that Taptes is actually using Tesla's photos!

So...not sure what the Taptes ones really look like. Either they 1) are exactly the same (and Taptes is getting them from the OEM and price cutting Tesla), 2) Are identical clones/reproductions and they feel using Tesla's photos are thus accurate or 3) Taptes coat hooks are still being produced and they are using Tesla's photos as 'placeholders' until they get a finished product.

If the end (Taptes) product is inferior or different visually than what the appropriated Tesla photos show, then this could be a bit of a potential bait-and-switch.

The Taptes price does look tempting though!
I ordered on taptes just now, hope it won't let me down.:confused:

FedEx just arrived and I shot a quick video.
These things are perfect. I just love them.
Very subdued. Looks like they could almost be factory installed.
Perfectly functional!

I have the cream interior, keep waiting for “cream colored variant” which I think they have been promising “soon” since at least October. Seems worth it to have them blend in rather than contrast.

Reactions: Corsair
Anyone have a review on taptes yet? their site says they sold out so someone has to have gotten a set by now?
based on some of the posts in different threads i'm being skeptical of the website, but that's just me being overly cautious.

I took the plunge and ordered it after Christmas and received this email last week:

Dear Customer,

Thanks for shopping with TapTes. Here I would like to notify that the shipment of the Tesla Model S/X Coat Hooks, you purchased, has been delayed to around March.

Coat hooks our factory has produced do not meet our requirement and we are not satisfied with the quality. We are sincerely sorry for the delay and the inconvenience caused you and hope your kind understanding.

If you want to request a refund, please reply to this email.

Best Regards,
TapTes Sales Team

I have the cream interior, keep waiting for “cream colored variant” which I think they have been promising “soon” since at least October. Seems worth it to have them blend in rather than contrast.

Still waiting, looks like the “cream color variant coming soon” comment has been there for at least 8 months now.

Anyone tried the black ones on a cream color S interior? Am guessing white hangers on cream upholstery would look awful.

Thanks!

I bought mine on Taptes... First time I used them, I realized that they easily slide sideways and dislodge with anything hanging on them. My dry clean pick up ended up on the floor, after 5 minutes of driving not exceeding 30 mph on local streets... I had to put Velcro between them and the seat, they're not particular sturdy now , but at least not sliding sideways