Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New S: Yoke or Nope?

Assuming Tesla offers the choice, what would you order?

• Yoke

Votes: 111 51.2%
  • Nope (round wheel)

Votes: 106 48.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yoke here - interesting to see the numbers - maybe forum member are a little more 'risk averse' and thus Yoke ahead. Still need to see this in action - even in a review video - before we can all really chose...my order still states "Yoke Steering" - so holding on to see what happens next.

Reactions: CO_MY
You should add more options to the poll to see what people would really like. For example, single joystick, dual-joysticks, and neural link implant. Neural link would allow for many advanced features, like controlling the other car functions like infotainment, suspension, seat positions, seat heaters, and perhaps even a new fart mitigation mode - when the neural link detects a fart coming, it reverses the vented seat airflow into the bio-hazard filter automatically! I can see people farting on purpose at tight turns to create the seat suction effect :p

Then if someone didn't like it they could reinstall it upside down and they would have a conventional round, flat-bottomed steering wheel.

Wouldn't your buttons be on the wrong side then? I would think the turn signals would be a big problem.

BTW, my vote is to definitely give the Yoke a try. I also can't believe how certain so many Internet posters are that this is the worst idea ever without any real knowledge. I trust Tesla to innovate. Sure, they don't hit every one out of the ballpark, but in my opinion, they are usually pretty good on the stuff everyone is so worried about..... Anyone else remember the Falcon Wing Doors on Model X, Single/Center Screen on 3/Y? I'm sure there are others, but those are 2 that seem very similar with massive negativity. The stuff I've found that is most frustrating is the little stuff we don't know or really pay attention to..... Rain sensors, MMC on HW2, 12V battery, etc.

I buy a half a pie fairly regularly, and I buy half a dozen donuts fairly regularly too.

So why the heck not. :p

Apparently someone missed the fact that I'm pro-steering wheel, and that's what I actually voted for.

Now that being said I am excited for you yokersters. Should be interesting to see how it plays out. I hope they have a zero cost option to ether go with a yoke or with a steering wheel.

There have been many who want a driver's instrument cluster on the 3 and Y so much so that we have a couple 3rd party after market accessories with added features. Yet Tesla doesn't yet offer this as an option.

Now who begged Tesla to offer a Yoke in place of the steering wheel before this was announced? I don't recall a single person in all of social media ever suggesting it. My opinion is that those who now say they prefer it over a round wheel would go for anything Tesla tells them they want before they knew they wanted it. These people would probably say they prefer square wheels if Tesla told them to want square wheels.

Notice that Tesla hasn't made any sales pitch describing why the Yoke is superior to a steering wheel.

Maybe Tesla really wants to kill off the MS and MX by offering dumb stuff ( IMO ) that no one has wanted. They can claim that sales fell off a cliff for these cars and are now discontinued.

How many of the 79 Yokesters actually ordered the S with a Yoke?

There have been many who want a driver's instrument cluster on the 3 and Y so much so that we have a couple 3rd party after market accessories with added features. Yet Tesla doesn't yet offer this as an option.

Now who begged Tesla to offer a Yoke in place of the steering wheel before this was announced? I don't recall a single person in all of social media ever suggesting it. My opinion is that those who now say they prefer it over a round wheel would go for anything Tesla tells them they want before they knew they wanted it. These people would probably say they prefer square wheels if Tesla told them to want square wheels.

Notice that Tesla hasn't made any sales pitch describing why the Yoke is superior to a steering wheel.

Maybe Tesla really wants to kill off the MS and MX by offering dumb stuff ( IMO ) that no one has wanted. They can claim that sales fell off a cliff for these cars and are now discontinued.

How many of the 79 Yokesters actually ordered the S with a Yoke?

There isn't an option to configure Yoke or not, so I will defer judgement until a demo car appears in a showroom.

edit: But barring any significant difficulties with a Yoke design, my primary concern is the lack of stalks and adjusting to that. One handed steers aren't too out of place and I fully anticipate adjusting to that, but missing tactile stalks will be very very different.

Reactions: sillydriver