Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Sale on P85D Showroom Cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having just bought an inventory P85D I can tell you Tesla built a load of P85D's for demo purposes and now they want to sell them quick! In my case I got a $3170 discount on a 12/14 model with just 613 miles on it. Discounts of $10k or so with 2000 miles on it sounds about right and it may well be they've increased the incentives.

The good thing for Tesla with this "sale" is that they build up "cars sold" numbers for Q1 and because of the rather huge per car profit built into the P85Ds they can discount and still make a healthy profit.

I love my P85D but the profit built into its price dwarfs a Tesla 60 sale many times to one.

Here is a thought if you buy a discounted inventory car and it has wear on it wouldn't tesla replace the worn down parts in a few months when you send it for a service check? Because tesla has been known to go about and beyond when it comes to customer service

The one thing I'll point out is that the inventory cars are sold as-is. At least when I point out problems with loaners and mention they probably want to fix it before selling it they just shrug at me and tell me they sell those vehicles as is. So if someone thrashes the wheels, they apparently won't fix that for you. Knowing Tesla I'd imagine they fix more than what as-is would imply. But there's a good reason for these discounts and they aren't unfair.

With only a couple of weeks left on the quarter I would wait & gamble on a better deal, they tend to "clean house" & might offer a bigger discount.

Given that they are already offering a more aggressive discount I doubt that will happen. Plus there are a finite number of inventory/demo cars so you risk having to wait for June (or later) to get an equivalent deal.

Can anyone confirm that these increased discounts are also available on 60 and 85 models? I've been waiting for an inventory car that fits my needs for a couple months now, and if these discounts have increased on all models that might be enough to get me to pull the trigger.

Given that they are already offering a more aggressive discount I doubt that will happen. Plus there are a finite number of inventory/demo cars so you risk having to wait for June (or later) to get an equivalent deal.

Hmm... So, I could wait until June or the fall to get the same deal.... or I could get the car now. :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

There are only a few things off with the showroom demo car:

It has some things I don't think I want:
- 19" cyclone wheels instead of base 19" wheels. I don't think there is any functional difference and they cost $2500...
- Carbon fiber spoiler. $1000 for this?

and it is missing two things I might want:
- Premium interior. I don't care about the extra leather, since it has next gen seats, but I wish it had the extra LED lighting! I doubt that is worth $4500, though.
- Subzero package. It is only $750, why not?

- 19" cyclone wheels instead of base 19" wheels. I don't think there is any functional difference and they cost $2500...

Q: Are standard or cyclone 19" wheels more efficient?
Cyclone 19" wheels are slightly more efficient than the standard, base, 19" wheels. This efficiency gain comes from an aerodynamic improvement of the wheel itself and the 19" tire effects are separate. The aerodynamic benefits are most pronounced at higher speeds so you will see the biggest gains at 65mph or 75mph cruising. For instance, the 19" Cyclone wheel gives roughly 2% more range than the 19" standard wheel at 65mph. The difference will be less than 1% in city driving however.

Source: Tesla Motors Blog on Range

i was never ever offered more than a $2,500 discount on a no milage showroom model. Tesla is all about fairness in the order process. Giving you $10,000 off violates this trust for me and everyone else who paid full price.
I'm sorry, I don't want to say I don't believe your discount but here goes.....I don't believe you. Besides why would one buy a roadster today just to turn around and sell it again next year supposedly to buy a PD next year? Are you suggesting you may get $20k off on a brand new car that's a few months old?

If Tesla even offered you $1,000 more than they offered me, this would make me and others furious and be very unfair. After numerous threads where they don't even offer a duffle bag on a new purchase, suddenly you come along and we are supposed to believe these exorbitant discounts....I don't believe you. And if it turns out to be true, the company is developing a huge integrity issue which I do not believe they would risk.

It is true that some members have received huge discounts on the inventory car. I too received a big discount worth $11,000 on a car which had 6K miles.

If you don't believe then search this forum for inventory cars and you will see that Tesla has been offering discounts on inventory cars for a long time.

I guess someone before me would have paid more for that car because they custom ordered it whereas I picked one of the inventory cars.

2 weeks after I purchased my car...Tesla started offering huge discounts on non autopilot S85 cars ( probably $14-15K in discount). I even posted a thread about it.

I am not surprised they are offering discounts on P85D showroom models.

I was little upset that they offered huge discounts 2 weeks after I purchased the car but I was happy with my purchase. I understand that like any other car manufacturer Tesla wants to sell as many cars they can.

Also I am enjoying this car..rest others does not matter now.

Can you send me a link to your thread about the non-autopilot cars? I couldn't find it. Are these discounts bigger or about the same?

It is true that some members have received huge discounts on the inventory car. I too received a big discount worth $11,000 on a car which had 6K miles.

If you don't believe then search this forum for inventory cars and you will see that Tesla has been offering discounts on inventory cars for a long time.

I guess someone before me would have paid more for that car because they custom ordered it whereas I picked one of the inventory cars.

2 weeks after I purchased my car...Tesla started offering huge discounts on non autopilot S85 cars ( probably $14-15K in discount). I even posted a thread about it.

I am not surprised they are offering discounts on P85D showroom models.

I was little upset that they offered huge discounts 2 weeks after I purchased the car but I was happy with my purchase. I understand that like any other car manufacturer Tesla wants to sell as many cars they can.

Also I am enjoying this car..rest others does not matter now.