Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Salt Lake service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
Salt Lake has been getting by with a single bay service center for over a year now but their new 10 bay facility is opening soon (images shot 07 March 2016).

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Patrick is that on 3rd west ?

Does it seem odd to have the service center a ways away from the Store on State street ?

Yes.. 3rd West. gen3_in_utah has the address right at about 10th S on 3rd West.

As for distance, I asked about that. Apparently there won't be a lot of customer interaction at the facility. Rather they'll pick up the cars at the owners' locations, take them to the service center to work on and then deliver them back to the owners. Alternately owners will still be able to drop and and pick up at the Tesla store. But all that's still supposition at this point. Have to wait for the new place to open and see what they decide to do.

BTW, one of the sales staff said he hopes for enough business to justify a bigger store as well.

- - - Updated - - -

That roof looks ripe for some solar. :smile:

Also I wonder if they will stick a few token superchargers there.

There are 5 charging stations now but they are not superchargers. Might be difficult to justify the expense of superchargers with so many already available at the store. But maybe once business really picks up (think: Model 3).

I agree about solar. Prime location for that. I'll try to remember to ask about plans for that next time I'm at the store.

- - - Updated - - -

Patrick, awesome photos.

Thanks for posting them.

Thanks! It was fun taking them. :)

Just learned that there are no plans at present for solar or superchargers at the new location. But, again, they're not even open yet so we'll have to wait and see.

The guy I heard from did say (correctly) that Tesla is very pro-solar so it will not surprise me to see solar on their roof one day.

I think we should pitch in & buy Patrick half a tank :wink: of high octane or jet A or whatever he's flying around in needs to take cool pics. If I'd driven past there without warning, I might have had an attack/seizure of some kind. Ok kidding, but seriously that is big news for this area. They need it, now they got it.

Fyi to anyone who might actually end up there, just a block north on the other side of 3rd West is some good hometown Mexican food "Taqueria Lolita" Mmmmm

edit: my syntax just gets worse & worse - kidding about the seizure, not the fuel, and the camera is probably NOT ICE powered, right? (Mexican restaurant still good)

Last edited:
Received an update today.

The new plan is to have customers who choose to bring their cars in for service (as opposed to having them picked up) will take them to the new service center.

Also learned that the existing single bay service area will become the detail shop. They hope to start offering detail service there as early as late this month.

Getting ready for the TM3 invasion.

- - - Updated - - -

Received an update today.

The new plan is to have customers who choose to bring their cars in for service (as opposed to having them picked up) will take them to the new service center.

Also learned that the existing single bay service area will become the detail shop. They hope to start offering detail service there as early as late this month.

This may be a cost reduction move.