Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New screen UI in Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screens are so 2020. Get rid of the screen and make the entire windshield augmented reality. 15” screen? 17" screen? Pffft. Make the entire windshield a giant screen. Think about movies driving down the road with FSD... or augmented reality giving information about what's around you.
You "no HUD" fellers need to think a little bigger and more futuristic. SMH

Reactions: jebinc
With you on full-windshield HUD. Been hoping to see such for _decades_. Was one of my first thoughts on noticing the windshield is flat: makes HUD easier to project & compensate for parallax (using head/eye tracking). Would love to see FSD project tracking/prediction imagery ... could see what it is AND isn't identifying ("oh $#!^ it doesn't see that kid").

For reference. Heavily-manipulated image made from a still shamelessly stolen from a test drive video.View attachment 505105
Getting back to reality, you can see the new UI appears to have half-screen "cards" on the left. There are different cards listed at the top of that side. If so, you'll be able to swipe that side to move through these settings screens: Controls, Charging, Autopilot, Suspension, Driving and an About screen. You probably can tap the individual "tabs" to jump directly to each one. There's no indication but I'm hoping that the right side is configurable. You might be able to choose to have the navigation screen with or without the turn by turn directions or have the Autopilot screen overlaid in a corner or along the left side, etc.

Last edited:
Let the single motor Cyber truck have the cheesy type screen like the model 3's I personally would like 2 screens like my Model X and an HUD, its not a matter that I don't need it , its a matter that I want it and I'm willing to pay for it to go with my order of a tri-motor.

Looking at some more demo drives, it looks like the AP UI is still there but it can go full screen. Also the 3D map can zoom into full screen AP mode.

Question for you. I watched the unveiling from Nebraska. I couldn't justify the trip out to California for that. Anyway, one question comes to mind that you may be able to answer. They broke the windows (on purpose in a masterful way to ensure it was talked about for weeks maybe????) during the unveiling but then during the rides, the windows didn't appear to be broken. Did they have more than one model at the unveiling? Did they replace the glass quickly on the one they had? They had spare glass sitting around?

I suppose that's more than one question but they are all related. Anyway, good video. Thanks for that focus on the UI.

Question for you. I watched the unveiling from Nebraska. I couldn't justify the trip out to California for that. Anyway, one question comes to mind that you may be able to answer. They broke the windows (on purpose in a masterful way to ensure it was talked about for weeks maybe????) during the unveiling but then during the rides, the windows didn't appear to be broken. Did they have more than one model at the unveiling? Did they replace the glass quickly on the one they had? They had spare glass sitting around?

I suppose that's more than one question but they are all related. Anyway, good video. Thanks for that focus on the UI.
They replaced the windows before offering rides. We were near the front of the line and watched them carry out replacement windows and then roll the broken windows away in a garbage can. It took over an hour for them to replace the windows.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
They replaced the windows before offering rides. We were near the front of the line and watched them carry out replacement windows and then roll the broken windows away in a garbage can. It took over an hour for them to replace the windows.
Wow! Thanks! I was really wondering about that. I'm surprised they had spare window glass for a prototype. After all, they've now changed the size of the windows so any glass they had on hand will be of no use now. An hour to replace the glass is really quite quick. Nifty. Again, thank you for the quick response. I wish I could have been there.

Wow! Thanks! I was really wondering about that. I'm surprised they had spare window glass for a prototype. After all, they've now changed the size of the windows so any glass they had on hand will be of no use now. An hour to replace the glass is really quite quick. Nifty. Again, thank you for the quick response. I wish I could have been there.
We were standing by Pete from Abstract Ocean and he captured the "walk of shame" when they carried the glass back to the Cybertruck: Abstract Ocean on Twitter

Be sure to turn on the sound.

This is the first Tesla that I'm actually excited about, and may buy.

Has there been any information on whether the truck will have SiriusXM (the actual radio, not just the app)? For me this is one of the "must have" items, along with a towing harness connection.

This is the first Tesla that I'm actually excited about, and may buy.

Has there been any information on whether the truck will have SiriusXM (the actual radio, not just the app)? For me this is one of the "must have" items, along with a towing harness connection.
If the MCU2 upgrade for the Model S is any indication (as well as the features offered on the 3/Y), they probably will not offer SiriusXM on the CT. I paid extra for the MCU2 upgrade to keep that functionality as I too, really enjoy the service.

If the MCU2 upgrade for the Model S is any indication (as well as the features offered on the 3/Y), they probably will not offer SiriusXM on the CT. I paid extra for the MCU2 upgrade to keep that functionality as I too, really enjoy the service.
I believe not offering Sirius radio in the CT would be a mistake.....a lot of people do not subscribe to pay music or have music on phones....enjoy listening to all types of music and being able to change using XM would offer a good choice on long trips across the desert to BFE areas....Just JMHO

Reactions: JoRoMo
That opens a Pandora's Box of other audio "must haves", including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. With most every driver having a phone supporting one of those two, seems a must-have to include them (which, AFAIK, Tesla hasn't elsewhere).