Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New screens now available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Wednesday I finally got around to making a service appointment for the yellow band around the center screen. The next day I got a call from the Virtual Service Team who said they’d put me on the list for the new screens when they come in. To my surprise, I got a call from a mobile service person today who told me the new screens are now in!

Hopefully these screens last. I’m not available for the install for about 10 days but will report back when done.

Interesting... most folks were saying “later this summer.” I would double-check whether you’re truly getting the new screen or a new-old (style) screen.

Agreed, that is exactly what the Virtual Service person told me - “they should be available in the coming months.” When the Mobile Service Ranger called, I was surprised and said I thought they were a few months out - he said that the new screens had just come in. We’ll find out soon enough.

I just requested replacement of our screen this week due to bubbling. The response I got was that it would be scheduled for mobile repair and the parts were ordered and once they were received and inspected I'd be sent a link to schedule the appointment. I thought this was odd as I knew they generally kept lots of those screens on hand and assumed they must have had a rash of replacements, shortage on supply or both. Now that I read this though it makes more sense as to why they would be waiting for parts so it may be good timing for me and I may be getting one of the newest version screens installed next week. Hopefully they don't introduce some new failure we haven't yet seen with the current (bubbling) version and the previous (yellowing) version.

I just requested replacement of our screen this week due to bubbling. The response I got was that it would be scheduled for mobile repair and the parts were ordered and once they were received and inspected I'd be sent a link to schedule the appointment. I thought this was odd as I knew they generally kept lots of those screens on hand and assumed they must have had a rash of replacements, shortage on supply or both. Now that I read this though it makes more sense as to why they would be waiting for parts so it may be good timing for me and I may be getting one of the newest version screens installed next week. Hopefully they don't introduce some new failure we haven't yet seen with the current (bubbling) version and the previous (yellowing) version.
Reminds me of a television repair man that was confronted by a customer after having repaired a TV, that it was doing something it didn't used to do before

• Informative
Reactions: CBPfromTN
I agree. Unlikely they will swap all screens. It's a wear and tear part. Wouldn't have yellowed if you didn't use it.
Totally disagree. Tesla has admitted they had a problem with the screens. They yellowing isn't due to "wear and tear"...it happens to brand new screens which have never been used just sitting in a car because it is a de-lamination of the layers in the screen (most likely due to temperature). This is a design defect, Tesla has acknowledged it, and is designing a new part/new manufacturer to meet the required specifications...