TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Seats

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Vmax, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Vmax

Vmax Member

By chance talked to a Model S owner in a carpark today. He told me Tesla will replace our old seats with the new ones. Would be extremely nice, but hard to believe. Anyone heard about it?

2. lx3h

lx3h Charged.hk TSLA Grp Rep

I thought this is confirmed? No?

3. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Not in Hong Kong, but in Canada heard they would do something to the existing seats to make them a bit softer so your butt sinks in a bit further. I think it involves removing and/or replacing part of the support mechanism underneath.

4. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

Haven't they already done this some time ago? I remember reading that only the drivers seat cushion was changed.

5. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I believe that the modifications may have been done to the seats a while back, and that a Service Center can mod existing (older) cars.

6. J1mbo

J1mbo Member

My SC told me last week that all cars produced after Feb 2014 had the revised seats. I'd asked them to apply the service bulletin while the car was in for something else.